Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Gondola Location

snoloco
This post was updated on .
Gunny J wrote
Coach Z wrote
There is no padding in the Gore cabins.  But the newer Gore chairs are nicely padded. Bellarye has no padding at all so they are the worst of the 3.  I have a sensitive behind.
The Burnt Ridge Quad is the nicest chairlift I have ever been on.  Soft foot pegs  and  soft butt cushions, all aluminum bar, light as a feather.
The only things that they spared an expense on when building that was making it a bottom drive, and not a bubble chair.  It is the most luxurious lift I have ever ridden.  Sometimes, I go to Burnt Ridge just for a ride on that lift.  I hope the new ADK Express chairs get the same treatment.  It sure wasn't done cheap and I'm sure that tax dollars were used, but I'd rather use taxpayer $$$ and have it rather than have lifts that were built as cheaply as possible like what Belleayre has.  Gore can't build upscale housing and lodging on the mountain, so they should make the lifts upscale instead.  Advertise the most luxurious lift system on the east coast.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
And the Hudson chair is the nicest fixed grip I have ever been on too

Gore's new marketing slogan.  We treat your butt the best in the East!
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
Coach Z wrote
And the Hudson chair is the nicest fixed grip I have ever been on too

Gore's new marketing slogan.  We treat your butt the best in the East!
Great idea.  Hopefully the new ADK Express will follow the trend.  Belleayre's lift have no padding because they were all built as cheaply as possible when the DEC was running out of money.
I've lived in New York my entire life.