6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mountain, NY: 1/24/15

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Day 17: we haven't had much snow lately but the skiing is surprising decent.  

Some trees were open but IMO the best snow was on the trails.  

We stuck to the blues in the morning skiing the East side, the North and Headwaters.

Tawahas

We skipped breakfast today, which resulted in a very early lunch in the saddle.

View from the loft at the Saddle.

It was nice in the loft, comfortable. Sometimes it's really hot up there!

They were blowing on Rumor.  As we went by I saw EDeO, and PDQ introduced me Gorgo!  Those guys had just done 4 laps on Rumor.

Blowing on Rumor

On the next lift ride I struck a deal with with Zelda and Neve. They wanted to ride the Double and I was going up top with a meeting time of 1:30 at the base.

I think PDQ, EDeO etal were maybe 4 chairs ahead of me on the quad. If that was you it looked like you went to the Dark Side.  I knew I couldn't catch you, so I decided to lap Rumor/Straightbrook, thinking eventually you'd come back.

I ended up doing three laps solo.  Rumor was all guns, and they were wet. But somehow the skiing was fantastic.

As mentioned several times I need more sidecut on my daily driver.

I did my jump turns and skied Rumor T2B (from the catwalk) three times without a true crash.

We quit at 1:30 and headed back to the cabin to ski in our woods. Good one.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mountain, NY: 1/24/15

Skiray
Nice photos. We passed on some local snow to head to a kids birthday. The kids said, we really wanted to ski.. I wish they told me that earlier.

What skis you riding there?
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
good meeting ya harv - albeit a quick one, will have to do a few runs next time! we probably lapped rumour half a dozen times, the best runs being right in the middle after the moon rocks got broken up a bit and before the snow guns started getting wet. we ski'd Friday as well, great two days of navigating the trees, playing on snow wales and railing groomers. skiing with those guys can certainly cook your legs and it was nice to do some cruising to finish day on twister and showcase - even took a ride on the AE2 just to see  what poco loco's been raving about! did the botheration pond loop yesterday to round out the weekend and burn off some calories from Saturday nights feast
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Hey Gorgo, were you with PDQ, Pam, Eddie & Derek in BBA and then Upper Newton's mid-morning Sat?  If so, I didn't realize that was you...
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Adk Jeff wrote
Hey Gorgo, were you with PDQ, Pam, Eddie & Derek in BBA and then Upper Newton's mid-morning Sat?  If so, I didn't realize that was you...
I was - blue jacket. I guess that was you with your wife and the little ones, they did an awesome job through there! I was envying their short skis in a few of those tight spots. I failed to make the connection as well...
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
gorgonzola wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
I was - blue jacket. I guess that was you with your wife and the little ones, they did an awesome job through there! I was envying their short skis in a few of those tight spots. I failed to make the connection as well...
Yep, that was me plus the wife & kids.  Sorry it didn't click, sometimes when I'm skiing the rest of my brain goes on hold.  Give a shout next time you're up!  Were you up with PDQ's Dippikill group for the weekend?