Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mountain, NY: 11/24/12

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 1: Mornin' Gore.

Place looks good.

We took the gondi to the top. Neve went on her lesson. Our first turns were tentative...

The conditions were good up until about 11, and decent after that.  The new guns on skier's right on Sunway made the difference this year.  The trail was truly skiable from T2B.  One thing I realized... BECAUSE those new guns are on the Foxlair waterline...it means Foxlair will get blown first.  I dig that.

Did see some good aggressive skiing...

We got our groove on too...

Got to say the rail at the top of Bear is a great use of that fan gun.

End of Day Squallage

Who was out today?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mountain, NY: 11/24/12

fahz
Wow looks like they did a great job putting it back together after yesterday!
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
We were at Gore on Saturday too. We had a lot of fun and the conditions were pretty good, at least until about noon. Quicksilver started to get a little rocky  and treacherous at that point. Even my daredevil 11 year old wanted to quit by then. All in all, it was a really fun morning. It was nice to see all of our skiing friends again too. We are so excited for the ski season to really get going. We were at Whiteface on Friday, and that was fun too, but I think the skiing was better at Gore.  Whiteface was really crowded.  Shopping in Lake Placid is always fun though. Between the chocolate shop and the House of Jerky, we got a lot of holiday shopping done there.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
poindexter wrote
We were at Whiteface on Friday, and that was fun too, but I think the skiing was better at Gore.  Whiteface was really crowded.  
+1.

Although we had a great time at WF and in LP, the early skiing at Gore was just more interesting.   The conditions on Foxlair were excellent until midday.  Save the quicksilver crowds, Gore top to bottom was just more fun.  We weren't planning on coming up next weekend, but if Topridge opens we're there!  The forecast seems to indicate that snowmaking will be possible all week...
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
I only skied Friday because the bottleneck on Quicksilver looked like an accident waiting to happen, but Quicksilver did have beautiful soft bumps down the middle that everybody else was avoiding.  

Pray that we get some of Ullr's bounty.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Girls on Ruby Run

Had not skied since last year first run was good to get legs back under after that it was top to bottom only slow down was bottleneck on Quicksilver the bumps got the girls attention. After first pass the boarder never slowed down (the young one) it was great to get out on the snow.