3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mountain, NY: 12/31/14

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Day 12: Gore's gotten better each day this week. More manpow, less scritch scratch.

Today was another cold one but for some reason no line ever materialized at the Gondi.

Once again the conundrum was how much snowmaking do you chase?

Neve is pushing for poles and I'm sure she should have them by now.  She doesn't because I'm a bad father, there is no other plausible explanation.

Without any instruction I gave her mine. But as soon as the going gets tough she hands them back to me.

Today was somewhat epic in an odd way.  We haven't done really any firsts all season, and I was hoping we'd do some thing black, but I didn't bring it up.  After lunch we went Wood In to get to the top.

As we were riding the the High Peaks Chair Neve asked about Open Pit.  "Is that a black? It doesn't look too hard."

I told her we could do it and stopped her at the point of no return.

"We can go either way, down Cloud or Open Pit."

"Open Pit."

CRrrrrrrrkkkk.

"Um daddy this is too steep."

We sidestepped back up to cloud, not easy.  I thought it was a good experience.

We did a run on Twister and noticed Ratnik guns blowing on Tahawas.

We hit it twice. Incredible pointy rounded snowmaking whales that reminded me of aspects of women's couture from the 1950s.

It was incredibly fun.  At first it freaked her out... you'd get coated in ice and surrounded by fog and if you are not used to skiing blind...

At one point I swear she was crying and laughing at the same time.

Good day.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mountain, NY: 12/31/14

Petronio
Nice.

I took the girls down Open Pit today for their first black diamond ever.  I pointed out that it was no steeper than Santanoni, only a little longer.  That convinced the youngest.  We went back for a second time after lunch.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mountain, NY: 12/31/14

x10003q
Nice shots. I am in the same pole-no poles mode too.