Gore Mtn 3/8-3/10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn 3/8-3/10

Powderqueen
Had to go to NJ to visit my mother on her birthday. We left Friday morning in a snowstorm. Drove by the Catskills which got a foot of snow. If I was alone, I just would have stopped and skied at Hunter, but I had business up at Gore that I had to take care of.

I was bringing a group up for the weekend and I had to pick up the lift tickets so that I could distribute them Friday night and not have to deal with 20 people and their needs on Saturday morning.

It got there around 2:30pm, the sun was shining and there was soft snow. Since this was my 2nd group of the season, I asked them if they could start my skiing then, and they obliged.

Where would you ski if you got to top of the gondola at 3pm?

Shadows were getting long, shady areas setting up. I could have gone to the summit but all the trails were in the shade. I decided to stick to Topridge.

The High Pines Glade (the Topridge lift line) was open. I hadn't skied it in maybe a couple of years, so it seems like the thing to do. It was a tough run right out of the gate, no warm-up...just soft crud and bumps.

Next I went down Uncas, and then Topridge. All were soft and fun.

Took Fairview and found the ski patrol hoisting the rope up on Tahawus, so I asked if I could slide on through before the rope was all the way across. I took Showcase down, hoping to hop on the triple for one more, but I was a minute too late.

Saturday I had a group of friends up. Everyone was a hero. The snow was perfect spring corn. Bluebird skies. Lots of smiles.

We spent most of the day skiing the trees.

The next day we did it all over again. We skied the Summit in the morning an hit up as many glades as we could

Russ and Mary raved about how great the Ski Bowl was on Saturday so after lunch a group of 6 of us decided to go over and ski the Ski Bowl Glades. We started off taking Twister Glade over to Burnt Ridge. We had hoped to ski Barkeater, but it was closed. So we skied Tahawus Glade and out the Pipeline. As we rode up the Hudson Chair we saw that the Ski Bowl Glades were closed :-(. We went all the way over there, so we decided we should at least take a run on Moxham.

Back to Burnt Ridge, we took a run on Sagamore. Everything was skiing soft n sweet.

Fabulous weekend of spring skiing. Heading to Montana at the end of the week. Hope there will still be eastern spring skiing when I get back at the end of the month.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn 3/8-3/10

gorgonzola
 looks like a great weekend of spring skiing!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn 3/8-3/10

warp daddy
nice  , glad u guys had a great time . Me and the Queen are heading out now for a 3 day road trip with our grandson home from University for spring break . We ,ll meet he and his dad. For a combo of West , Gore and. Whatever is best conditions for the 3 rd day .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.