Gore Mtn, NY: 3/2/12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 3/2/12

Danzilla
SERIOUS bummer Harv.  Hope you recover quickly.

Next time get a breakfast burrito at Sarah's and head straight for the Bowl:)  If it makes you feel any better I (and probably 90% of the people on here) would have done exactly the same thing to get in on one of the best days of the year - even after hitting it hard for a week.  A powder day is a powder day and there haven't been too many of those this year.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 3/2/12

Powderqueen
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebbyfish wrote
I would recommend waiting on the MRI.  No sense knowing a specific tear, etc.., if the recommended treatment would be PT anyway.  If you don't get better from PT, you can proceed down the road of an MRI and referral to an orthopedic surgeon.
That's exactly what my PT would say!

Seriously, PTs know very well how to diagnose without an MRI, and can get you on the right track right away. If PT doesn't work, then you can go to an orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation and she/he will order images. That is what I did for my knees...after thinking for sure I tore my meniscus, it was just my patella rubbing against my femur (yes...that hurts). After doing PT for about a year, I'm skiing mostly pain free (with an occasional oweee).

Find a good physical therapist and do the exercises!

Good luck!