classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Season Pass Holders Bring a Friend or hell froze over

adkskier
This post was updated on .
Did anyone else notice the, poorly publicized, promo at Gore? According to  a posting on Facebook, for the remainder of the season (beginning on Sunday 2/26) pass holders may bring one guest daily for half price.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Season Pass Holders Bring a Friend or hell froze over

Snowballs
Banned User
adkskier wrote
Did anyone else notice the, poorly publicized, promo at Gore? According to  a posting on Facebook, for the remainder of the season pass holders may bring one guest daily for half price.
Auntie Em strikes again OR Orda generally under promotes Gore?
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
This is a pretty awesome promo.  Don't think I have ever heard of any other mountain doing anything similar.  I know it is a reflection of the season, but it does show some creativity (by someone) to come up with it.  They do have it posted in the notes on the Snow Report.  You would think it would be on the homepage too.  Would be nice if they sent an email blast out to all passholders (on a regular basis not necessarily just for this).  If they are really trying to get more traffic to the mountain they should make sure as many passholders know about this as possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Creativity?

Unfortunately, Gore's Marketing Dept. "creativity" is standard practice for many other mountains. They should do this the last 3-4 weeks of EVERY season. It will be sure to bring new people, spread goodwill for the mountain and also bring some extra food/beer/shop $ to boot.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
As soon as I saw this, I began to make plans to exercise this offer. Smart move on Gore's part. Good PR move.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
OK so maybe "creative" was too strong a word.  Maybe "different" is more appropriate - which is well, different.  One way or the other I think it is great and will build some good will which is much needed because everyone seems to be really grumpy this year (especially after last week's Friday non-holiday debacle).  

Doing this promo every year for the last 3-4 weeks of the year sure would bring some more business.  At that point its almost all passholders anyhow.  Maybe they could have stayed open last year for a week or two more with the added revenue.  I seem to remember this discussion came up last year didn't it?
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Gosh, does Gore take a beating on this site!  They just came out with that announcement on Facebook yesterday for Pete's sake!  Let's not blame them for the fact that there is NOOO snow anywhere else, other than on the mountain where they are making it and people are not thinking about skiing this or any other mountain when there is no snow at home! I live in Saratoga and frequently stop to pick up something at the store in my ski pants with my pass hanging and I am constantly asked where I could possibly be skiing since there is no snow.  
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
well my thinking on this is that after this week that only half the lifts will b running serving only half the trails,mid week of coarse,weekends mite b different.so half price is the way it should have been all year,mid week of coarse.

damm,,,back too walking outta the summit side
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
It's good for your cardio outlaw
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
We're inviting 2 friends with us this weekend, but Saturday we'll be skiing at Whiteface and they must be at the Gore. My wife, kids and I are all passholders, yet will be unable to help get half-priced tickets for our guests on Saturday, as we'll be leaving very early for Whiteface.

Would anyone help them to get discounted tickets on Saturday morning? Please PM me or post here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
What they should really do is offer Seasons Pass holders from OTHER ski areas the half-price lift tix. It would be a sure way to bring skiers to Gore. Jay Peak has done this in the past and got us to drive 7 hours for cheap lift tix, and bountiful snow of course, when there was snow left here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Powderqueen wrote
What they should really do is offer Seasons Pass holders from OTHER ski areas the half-price lift tix. It would be a sure way to bring skiers to Gore. Jay Peak has done this in the past and got us to drive 7 hours for cheap lift tix, and bountiful snow of course, when there was snow left here.
+1, I'm still lamenting the loss of our discount from GP at Gore. If gas continues to rise, the difference between skiing WF and Gore will be a wash for us. In fact, at $4 a gallon, I get 21mpg, 120 miles to WF from Gore and back, $35 Discounted WF ticket +$24gas=$59 as compared to $65 at Gore, so I guess it's close enough to be a non issue at the current prices. Guess I'll have to ski more Gore, I like them both. It's not easy being a cheapskate sometimes.
Liftopia has a deal for $55 plus a $10 lunch voucher.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
+2.  That is a GREAT idea, Powderqueen!