Greek Peak 4/6/2013

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak 4/6/2013

Powderqueen
I was thinking of going back up to Gore, but saw that it was going to be pretty cold up there, so it seemed like a good time to ski the local hill. Afterall, today could be the last day.

The webcams were showing good coverage throughout the week, so as temps climbed over 40 a number of us converged on Greek Peak via Chair 5.

I lost a $10 bill when pulling my phone of my pocket to take that picture.

Chair 5 gets the most sun and maybe the least amount of snowmaking. Mars hill had the thinnest cover of any of the snowmaking trails

Hercules was starting to soften, but the steep headwall stayed pretty firm throughout the day.

Iliad was the pick of the day. I didn't take any pix of it, but it was covered with wall to wall hero snow. Fields and Odyssey also skied as well and it was nice to ski some bumps on Fields, but they were getting thin about half-way down. The whole mountain was creamed corn by mid afternoon.

It was old home day and I saw a lot of the Greek Peak regulars including my core ski pals and some friends from the lake.

We ended with a few beers at Chair 5. There were only a handful of cars there and more than half belonged to people I knew. We enjoyed a slopeside apres ski until the sun got low, chatting about mountain biking and windsurfing, looking forward to the activities of the warmer seasons.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak 4/6/2013

Big D
Skied Greek, today Sat. 4/6/13 from 10:00 til 6:00. Saw Camo-John at 10:00 coming across the foot bridge to take a break, I asked him if the base had softened up yet, and he said yes, then I asked him if he was coming back tomorrow (Sun) - and he said "THEY ARE SAYING THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE CLOSED ON SUNDAY, DUE TO THE RAIN FORECAST!

Anyway's the skiing was really great. (not sure where Cornhead was skiing, maybe Smugglers Notch?).

Here are a few pics:

Illiad

Looks like PDQ and friends over at Chair 5 lot

Park people

Odyssey

Parting shot at end of day
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak 4/6/2013

Powderqueen
yup, that be us

Looks like PDQ and friends over at Chair 5 lot

it was pretty empty...just some regulars...some were missing

Acidchrist was there. His boss was grilling processed meat products at the top of Eleysian Fields today.