Greek Peak Conditions (2018 - 2019)

323 messages Options
1 ... 2930313233
marznc marznc
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Rj1972 wrote
Wow!  I assumed they were finished with Odyssey, but I guess the new installations were the icing on the cake.

I do know that they plan to continue lining trails with guns, as they are having a heck of a time hiring snow makers. The less they have to drag guns around, the smaller staff they can get by with. Of course, they have quite a few more trails to update, but little by little, they'll get there.
Any idea if the new stick guns are automated?  Not only saves on labor time, means making much better use of short cold snaps during the early season or after a warm spell.

It made a big difference when Massanutten retro-fitted automation for old stick guns being kept while they were also installing new ones.  Massanutten started upgrading the existing snowmaking infrastructure about five years ago.  Even after the first year, the difference was quite noticeable in December and early January.
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

marznc wrote
Rj1972 wrote
Wow!  I assumed they were finished with Odyssey, but I guess the new installations were the icing on the cake.

I do know that they plan to continue lining trails with guns, as they are having a heck of a time hiring snow makers. The less they have to drag guns around, the smaller staff they can get by with. Of course, they have quite a few more trails to update, but little by little, they'll get there.
Any idea if the new stick guns are automated?  Not only saves on labor time, means making much better use of short cold snaps during the early season or after a warm spell.

It made a big difference when Massanutten retro-fitted automation for old stick guns being kept while they were also installing new ones.  Massanutten started upgrading the existing snowmaking infrastructure about five years ago.  Even after the first year, the difference was quite noticeable in December and early January.
I believe they are simply going to be typical HDK non-automated guns. I’ve really been out of the loop the last several months so can’t speak definitively, but doubt that the owners would invest in automation, other than the occasional super polecat.
billyymc billyymc
Reply |

Rj1972 wrote
I believe they are simply going to be typical HDK non-automated guns. I’ve really been out of the loop the last several months so can’t speak definitively, but doubt that the owners would invest in automation, other than the occasional super polecat.
Hopefully they invested in an ON switch.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote

I do know that they plan to continue lining trails with guns, as they are having a heck of a time hiring snow makers.
I don't doubt that. Like living on Long island for a summer, I made snow for a winter at GP. Both of those experiences were enough for me to figure out I never wanted to do either one of those things ever again.
Those guys are a special breed. Most wouldn't make it to lunch.
Reply |

List of Breweries for this weekend. Should be a great time!!

Cortland Beer Company
Ithaca Brewery
Empire Brewery
Grist Iron Brew
Homer Hops
Middle Ages Brew
Horesheads Brew
Southern Tier Brew
Saranac Brew
Otter Creek Brew
Long Trail Brew
Talking Cursive Brew
Dogfish Head Brewery
New Belgium Brew
Sierra Nevada Brew
Hopshire Brew
Citizen Cidery
Jamesdeluxe Jamesdeluxe
Reply |

Impressive how many places in NJ/NYC serve Southern Tier Brew. I've heard how difficult it can be for small breweries to get distribution beyond their home regions.
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
List of Breweries for this weekend. Should be a great time!!

Cortland Beer Company
Glad to see cortland still around... did they ever find a buyer?
Reply |

Not that I know of. I believe the parties involved worked something out. Think they bought a partner out or something like that. We were just there Friday night for some good beer and listen to a great band
Their ,Naked Lap Lager is my personal fav. Plus the I drink naked shirt is pretty cool .
billyymc billyymc
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Hopefully some of these make actual beer flavored beer rather than the shit that so many craft breweries are concocting now.

If I wanted grapefruit juice, I'd drink grapefruit juice. If I wanted herbs and spices in my drink, I'd hit myself on the head with a mallet.

US craft brewers should look at the classic European styles and be able to make them well before adding cinnamon kale ale to their repertoire. Hipsters will drink anything.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

I know this guy that has a brewery in Queens..He brought me a sample of Rosemary Jalapeno stuff..It was crap!!
"Peace and Love"
1 ... 2930313233