Re: Greek Peak Conditions

In reply to this post by GPPartner

Welcome back GPP.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
scrundy scrundy
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Would be nice to see some coverage for a change. There are many ways to ski the hill with everything open, not so much when coverage is poor. I had to ski south the past 3 seasons for good conditions. I will be watching this tread as always to see how it goes this season. Who knows may be a pass holder next year as apposed to just a couple times a season.
Big D Big D
Reply |

Greek P had a write up and photos of the new snowmaking equipment on their Facebook page, several days ago. It was up for about 5 hours. It was well received with 220 likes and 38 comments - 37 Positive and 1 Negative.
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

Another piece of news that actually excites me is that the resort fee is going away, except for lodging.  
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

In reply to this post by Big D
Big D wrote
Greek P had a write up and photos of the new snowmaking equipment on their Facebook page, several days ago. It was up for about 5 hours. It was well received with 220 likes and 38 comments - 37 Positive and 1 Negative.
Why on earth would they take the posting down? It's great advertising.
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

In reply to this post by scrundy
scrundy wrote
Would be nice to see some coverage for a change. There are many ways to ski the hill with everything open, not so much when coverage is poor. I had to ski south the past 3 seasons for good conditions. I will be watching this tread as always to see how it goes this season. Who knows may be a pass holder next year as apposed to just a couple times a season.
The problem is that they make just enough snow to open a trail, and then a warm spell hits a few weeks later and wipes them out. They need to build a solid base before moving on. Given their lack (although growing) of fixed guns, they are spending so much time moving equipment around. Labor costs money.
12345 ... 64