Greek Peak Conditions

1047 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 105
marznc marznc
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

scrundy wrote
I assume just to test?? Never seen anyone this south ever get serious about snow making till a couple weeks before Christmas
South?  Cataloochee in NC opened up last Sunday.  Cat and Sugar will be open this weekend.

I expect snowguns to be on at all the VA and NC ski areas before Thanksgiving.  Snowshoe will open that week, per usual.  But will probably have more trails open than usual given that snowmaking started more than a week ago.
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

It's a happy sight on the Ol' GP Webcam, that' for sure.  Guns are in place at the base of Iliad and on the Bunny Slope.  :)

scrundy scrundy
Reply |

In reply to this post by marznc
South of Vermont as it all generally starts there. I may be wrong but I cannot remember ever skiing by Thanksgiving at Greek. Killington, Mount Snow, even Stratton but never this far south. Correct me if I’m wrong
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |

scrundy wrote
South of Vermont as it all generally starts there. I may be wrong but I cannot remember ever skiing by Thanksgiving at Greek. Killington, Mount Snow, even Stratton but never this far south. Correct me if I’m wrong
We always shoot for kicking off the season with a day trip white (black) friday. I think we've been successful 4 out of the last 5 years at either blue mt, greek (last year) or bell

mglmike will be glad to hear im a drunken posy and ususally just take a few ealry runs jsut for the helluvit then clear the slops for him and hit the bar, more about celebrating the beginning of the season than the actual skiing

gp 11.23.18
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by gorgonzola
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Camp. what does "WROD" mean?  I guess that the last two are opening day.  What are "WR"?

Should I clear my calendar for my first bunny slope runs????

WP
marznc marznc
Reply |

wonderpony wrote
Camp. what does "WROD" mean?  I guess that the last two are opening day.  What are "WR"?

Should I clear my calendar for my first bunny slope runs????

WP
Nope, not "opening day."  WROD stands for White Ribbon Of Death.
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Which is what...?

A wedding?  
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Hooray for the google.   Got it.  My mom died this fall, so we have been talking about death just 'cuz.  I have been saying that what's going to take me out is being hit by some idiot out of control on the Bunny Slope.  Same reason I started wearing a helmet.  

See you soon!

WP
1 ... 3456789 ... 105