Greek Peak - Fri. 1/24/14

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak - Fri. 1/24/14

Big D
Cornhead and I skied Greek from opening at 9:30 till about 3:45. It was sunny til about 3:15 and quite cold. Wicked fast groomer trails, need a little more natural for the glades to open. Cornheads gouge and damaged/broken edge on his Mantras has been repaired and are working/holding up fine. Going back up on Sat. and hope it snows.

So we had to try one of those brick oven pizzas from Trax. We ordered the Chicago style for $13. It was quite good but not outstanding. Seemed a little small.

This appears to be a new lift cable or haul rope... perhaps for the beginner chair... Imagine these cables are fairly expensive.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak - Fri. 1/24/14

Gunny J
  I'd also rather be skiing than working Big D on a Friday,
 Was headed to Gore today with the kids, for the take your children skiing special, till I had to work a shutdown.
       I missed Corn and Scottie at Elk last Sun, it was crowded.
     That reel looks like overhead outdoor power  wire called triplex

Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak - Fri. 1/24/14

Powderqueen
We enjoyed the pizza and the fast and friendly service at Trax as well. I don't mind spending a little more for a decent pizza. I enjoyed the Elk Sausage and roasted red pepper topping. The skiing was good today (Saturday) as well. Firm and Fast. I telemarked today and found the surfaces most carveable. Looking forward to the Free Heel Fest Sunday.