Greek Peak Fri. 2/22/13

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak Fri. 2/22/13

Big D
Skied Greek today from 11:30 till 7:00 pm. Ski day #15 for me. Some fresh snow, conditions were great. Rode up chair 4 with Pro but he went down Trojan and I went down Arcadian Gate to hit some powder on the edge. Arethusa to skiers right of Mars Hill had decent powder - did several runs down that. Here is a pic. Also a couple of out of focus pics of the Winch Groomer getting set to groom Hercules. Earlier a guy and girl poached Hercules and skied over those big whales of snow. Also as I was leaving some young girl form a school program got a running start and rammed into one of those new automatic sliding doors in the new section of the base lodge and knocked the doors off the track, she went outside and grabbed her snowboard from a rack and came back in oblivous to the broken doors... someone said "you know you broke the sliding doors" and she said Huh!! Anyways a couple of kids put the doors back on the tracks but they didn't seem to be working right. Also Greek didn't get a new groomer, it was an old one that was on the flat bed... maybe coming back from repairs or something.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Fri. 2/22/13

gorgonzola
Nice, it raining up there today?
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Good to see that they made snow on Hercules. This was the first it was open all season. How was Zeus?
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Zeus was closed on Friday. Roped off at the top. Olympian was also closed. Just not quite enough natural snow, I guess. But a few people did poach Zeus, saw them when riding up lift 4 - coverage was a little thin in spots on the Zeus headwall.