Greek Peak New Years Eve 2010

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak New Years Eve 2010

Powderqueen
Warm weather yeilded soft spring conditions. Everything skied quite nicely and it was nice not freezing my a$$ off.

Highlights were Mars Hill and Herculies.

They had Alsops and Aesops glades open. I couldn't believe there would be enough snow in the woods to have these open. In fact, there wasn't. Either you made turns on dirt or skied on logs to get out of there. It should not have been open. I didn't even bother with Aesops.

In the afternoon I met up with Pam and other friends in the state forest for a bc tour on our favorite MTB terrain. The trails were worn, beaten and melting, showing rock in places, so we did a little bushwhack. There was plenty of snow off the trail and it skied like thick mashed potatoes. It seemed that it would be the last day to ski in the forests. All the snow on my trails is gone, except for a few patches. Thankfully it didn't rain today and hopefully it will freeze up and start snowing real soon.

Pam and I are going mountain biking tomorrow in Chenango Valley State Park. There was no snow down there and we heard the trails are dry.