Greek Peak New Years Eve

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak New Years Eve

Powderqueen

The whitest snow was on the tubing hill.

The less than white snow was slushy soft hero snow.

2 ways down from Chair 1a and Chair 4 was serving Trojan...so there was a little more variety than last week.

I would've been totally bored if I was alone, but I had a great time riding the chair lift with friends throughout the day and I never put my headset back on after I put it away. Before I knew it, 5 hours had transpired. I hadn't even gone in for a break. Just skied the day through. I even surprised myself!

Hero snow was more enjoyable than ice.

Today I went mtn biking.

Tomorrow we are making a road trip to Hunter. Greek Peak pass holders get half-priced skiing on weekdays. Monday is no longer holiday period, so 4 of us are going to make the trek to the Catskills.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak New Years Eve

gorgonzola
the terrain that was open was hella fun - a little bit of fast soft snow goes a long way. weekend highlights included new years day afternoon spring bumps starting to form on the fields and a few runs monday morning in the falling snow to make it at least feel like winter. looked for camp and company but never saw 'em, musta been the camo
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak New Years Eve

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
the terrain that was open was hella fun - a little bit of fast soft snow goes a long way. weekend highlights included new years day afternoon spring bumps starting to form on the fields and a few runs monday morning in the falling snow to make it at least feel like winter. looked for camp and company but never saw 'em, musta been the camo
We were there..Sunday was 1 and done, that "firm packed powder" wasn't to my liking so Banker and I went spent the day cutting ski trails. Monday was GREAT!!! We lapped Trojan, nobody was over there, firm and fast was the rule. Yesterday was full on winter at GP, damn near blizzard conditions....9 degrees, snowing side-A-ways to the point you could only C 1 tower ahead of you. Again, Trojan was the place to be. NOBODY there, freesh tracks evertime down.