classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak Opens: Friday 12/16/11

Cornhead
This post was updated on .
It wasn't too bad, "snow" was good, crowds were nonexistent, the best part. Skied from 9:30 till 2:00, felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Hopefully they'll be able to make some snow tonight. Things probably won't be so good tomorrow, if there are still a couple of twenty foot wide choke points, I'm sure it'll be more crowded. I think I'll pass on Saturday and get there first thing Sunday, ski a few hours before football.

The trail was only about twenty feet wide at the top and bottom of Fields.

New Patrol shack at the top of Fields.

WROD

Not how you want to see the help getting around on December 16th.

The new construction, convention center upstairs, day lockers and benches down. I tried to take a pic of the inside, my batteries died. It is nice, lots of room inside. There are now bathrooms upstairs by the bar! What a concept!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Opens: Friday 12/16/11

Big D
Hey Corndog thanks for the report. I am going to try and hit Greek on Mon. 12/19.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Opens: Friday 12/16/11

Cornhead
Big D, should be good, try to get there early:

Tomorrow: Mostly sunny skies early. A few showers developing later in the day. High 41F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

They were blowing on Trojan today, I doubt they'll run chair 4 midweek however. Are you sure they're open midweek now? If so, you should have the place to yourself, enjoy. I blew off Saturday thinking it might be a zoo, heard it was not. Not too crowded today at all. Most people have to see snow in their backyard to think of skiing. I skied from 8:30 to 11:00, about as much of one trail as I could stand.