Has Magic ever sold out?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Has Magic ever sold out?

Saratogahalfday
They did today, early.  I've never seen so many people there, it was a tad surreal.  I'm glad for the ownership, instructors, bartenders, ect; they all deserve a profitable day.  The conditions were great, but a step below previous power days, mainly because of the crowd.  That being said, a 20 minute wait to get on old Red is nothing to complain about, and many of the trails were uncluttered.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a more lap friendly day though, if only because of the cold.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Has Magic ever sold out?

riverc0il
Saratogahalfday wrote
They did today, early.  I've never seen so many people there, it was a tad surreal.  I'm glad for the ownership, instructors, bartenders, ect; they all deserve a profitable day.  The conditions were great, but a step below previous power days, mainly because of the crowd.  That being said, a 20 minute wait to get on old Red is nothing to complain about, and many of the trails were uncluttered.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a more lap friendly day though, if only because of the cold.
I don't know if they need to control lift tickets as their parking limits pretty much take care of capacity. I don't know if they have stopped ticket sales before but I have seen the place without any place to park and 20+ minutes wait for Red.

Folks might be missing that 20 minute red chair wait once the new lift goes in. Due to its narrow trails and higher percentage of powder hounds, Magic tends to get tracked out rather quickly on big days. The additional glades have helped but I think they need a little more thinning to better manage max capacity, especially with increased uphill capacity compared to just running the Red only.