Johnnyonthespot
What's everyone's diet like?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Home gym advice

Milo Maltbie
I'm on the natural cave man diet. I eat anything I think a cave man would naturally eat if he could. That turns out to be a lot of fried food, ice cream and barbecue. And Oreos.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Mine generally start on Monday and end on Thursday
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
I was going to say, a simple set of dumbbells and some serious planks will beat out a lot of home equipment turned shit magnet.
+1
I can't ride an indoor bike for 3 minutes. Go outside and walk or run.

I've got a set of pricey adjustable dumbells because I live in an apartment now, and they are way better than the weights in the basement of my last house. The gym is even better.  When you work put at home, every single repetition is another decision. When you work out at a gym, the only decision you make is to get out of the house. YMMV

mm

"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Check the "Delicious Things" thread.  Not good.

Also might want to have a quick look at the "Craft Beer" Thread too.  I'm pretty sure that one's not doing me any favors.

I'm also built like a gorilla.  I have a biggish upper body and arms, but almost all the sports I'm into use the legs.  So I actually have pretty fit legs but this big lump of weak muscle mass that I almost never use flopping around.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Johnnyonthespot wrote
High energy, High fiber, 75% plant based.  No real restrictions on anything.  I'm 6ft and maintain 155lbs in the Summer and 165lbs in the Winter.  I'm in a constant state of training, so I typically consume 3 to 4 thousand calories per day while burning about 1200 in a typical 90 minute workout.   Not vegetarian, but I don't eat too much meat.  I cook most of our food (my wife still works... we live out in the boondocks, so we eat out fairly infrequently), and drink mainly coffee and water.  Haven't eaten "fast food" in several years, but I do enjoy most types of "junk food" when I have the munchies.
Reply | Threaded
|

Southern Tier
im on the king henry the viii diet.  yesterday i consumed the leg of a calf, a bit of dried oxen, 3 pheasant, 1/2 a goose, a great deal of venison and 4 loaves of bread.

just kidding.  yesterday i ate normal.  mcdonalds for breakfast, 3 gas station meat and cheese packs for lunch and wendys for dinner.  on sundays i go friendlys.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I have a Concept 2 rowing machine that I use when I do not feel like going to the gym. It is a great workout.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
This post was updated on .
Johnnyonthespot wrote
If that's a serious question . . . I've been experimenting with intermittent fasting for about a year.  Not so much to lose weight but for other health benefits.  Remember, I'm over 60 and a petite woman.  When I'm working on trimming down, I'm only thinking about 2-3 pounds over the weight I've been for a few decades.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Southern Tier
Southern Tier wrote
im on the king henry the viii diet.  yesterday i consumed the leg of a calf, a bit of dried oxen, 3 pheasant, 1/2 a goose, a great deal of venison and 4 loaves of bread.
Now that's a quality post!
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
. I've been experimenting with intermittent fasting for about a year.  Not so much to lose weight but for other health benefits
Pls elaborate on the health benefits.  Def interested
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
ScottyJack wrote
marznc wrote
. I've been experimenting with intermittent fasting for about a year.  Not so much to lose weight but for other health benefits
Pls elaborate on the health benefits.  Def interested
Do you prefer online references or names of books or videos?  I've been researching the topic for a few months. :-)

I'm willing to start a new thread if you are really interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by marznc
New thread!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Got the vids - thanks Jason!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
cool
now ya got to use them
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

Bought a trainer for my wife.  So far she likes it.

I still haven't used the vids Jason.  I need to set up an area in the basement where I can use them while the kids nap.  As for now, I'm going to go for a real bike ride in the wet.