How to deodorize ski boots that smell so bad, they stink up the whole house.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to deodorize ski boots that smell so bad, they stink up the whole house.

snoloco
When I went to Killington on 5/18 I skied in shorts and a t-shirt.  I ended up getting a lot of snow in my ski boots.  When the snow melted it soaked the boot inserts and they smell really really really bad now.  Like this bad.Puke  I tried drying them out, taking out the insoles, and I tried using Frebreeze.  It did not work at all.  Has anyone ever had this problem and successfully fixed it?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to deodorize ski boots that stink up the whole house.

bean valley
This post was updated on .
Keep washing/flushing them out. The insoles and liners have months if not years of impacted and ground-in stink in them. Then sun dry. The heat and UV should kill all the nasties.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
This post was updated on .
Lysol type sterilizer and then a dr. scholls foot powder type spray. Hope that helps.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Baking soda, which is what Dr. Scholls is, but, with a scent. I like the Dr. Scholls, because the scent does a little work masking things, which is what it sounds like you need.

Just put it in and on the liner, and let it sit for a month. Don't be frugal. Why not. It's not as though you're skiing soon. The only downside is that the liners will look powdery, maybe, after you shake it off. Big whoop.

Just curious, how many days in the boots? I have stinky feet, but, never stinky ski boots.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
JasonWx wrote
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp