Hunter: 4/13/14

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hunter: 4/13/14

snoloco
Hunter's closing day was a picture perfect one.  It was 75 degrees and sunny most of the day.  Almost the entire mountain was open as well.  I skied in a t-shirt for the entire day.

The weather sure didn't look to nice when we arrived as it was cloudy and r*iny.

It was clearing up when we got in line for first lift.

It cleared up more as we were riding up.

By the top it cleared up more.

By our first run on East Side Drive, it was a bluebird day.

Ending our first run on Kennedy Drive.

Belt Parkway was next.

Nice view.

Then Hellgate.

Down to 7th Avenue.

View from the 6-pack.

After a few runs on the Front Side, West opened at around 10:30.  This is the view down Wayout.

Looking up Clair's Way which was 100% bumps.

Bottom of West.

44 was still open with some walking required.

Upper Clair's way view.

44 and Clair's Way from the bottom of the Zephyr.

Sunscreen was a must today.

After lunch, we braved the bumps on Lower Clair's Way.

Jimmie Heuga Express view.

Drop Off.

Still some snow in the woods.

Hellgate was bumped up later.

View from Belt Parkway.

It was soon time to finish up the season at Hunter with a run on Belt Parkway after taking one of the last chairs up.

And an end to another great season at Hunter.

One last look up the mountain before we left.

Proof of just how warm it was.

It was a great season at Hunter topped off with a picture perfect closing day.  The spring conditions were great and there was so much snow.  They could have gone another week.  Thanks for a great season Hunter, we have already renewed our season passes for next year.  With Hunter closed, there are very limited options that are far away to ski at.  We plan to end the season at Gore, Whiteface, and finally Killington with hopes of ending Memorial day weekend with a "Killington Escape" when we ski and go the the Great Escape amusement park on the same day.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hunter: 4/13/14

Big D
Skied Hunter on Sat. 4/12 was totally awesome, spring conditions, 63 degrees and brilliant sunshine. There was tons and tons of base left on almost all the trails. Lift Tics were $50 but if you presented a seasons pass from any other ski area you got 50 percent off - so I showed my Greek Peak pass an got a $25. lift ticket. On Sat. they ran the 6 person lift right up to 4:30.

Pics from Sat. 4/12

Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Sad, that with so much snow still left and cooling temps after tomorrow, they wont stay open another weekend. And I asked if we could hike, skin up, and it's not allowed.

Love Hunter, especially this time of year when it's typically quieter. Having done it for years though, we decided to head to Mount Snow... Nice mountain but, not our home mountain.
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
a couple pics from Sunday on cliff