classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hunter Closing Day 4/14/13

snoloco
This post was updated on .
I went to Hunter on closing day which was Sunday 4/14/13 to get in my last runs at Hunter for the season.  Pictured below is a mandatory Hunter approach shot.

Looking up the mountain.

The base area.

We got in line for 1st chair at about 8:10.

Patrol told us that they were still grooming on the upper mountain and that they would not open at 8:30.  Soon we were told that the 6-pack would not open till 9, but B-lift was open.  So we headed over there to start the day.

Top of the B-lift.

After 2 runs on Kennedy Drive off the B-lift they opened the 6-pack at about 8:50.

The 1st run down Belt Parkway was very firm and icy.

Later we tried East Side Drive, Hellgate and Milky Way.  All three were icy.  At about 9:40 the West Side opened, so we headed down Wayout.

The sad remains of Westway were visible from the Zephyr Express lift.

By about 10:50 we tried Minya Konka and it was not icy.  It already softened up and had the best snow of any trail that we had gotten to already.

The Cliff and Eisenhower Drive were also in very good shape.  So we lapped them multiple times.
The Cliff

Eisenhower

These runs were very bumped up so they were very tiring.  We later headed back to the West Side and I got these great pictures of the view.

Hellgate eventually softened up and was very good for a while.

Eventually the time came to close out the day and enjoy our last few runs at Hunter.  1st we closed down the West Side.

And then the 6-pack.

I got a spot on one of the last chairs that went up and we took our last run on Belt Parkway.

And it's all over.

Thank you Hunter for a great season this year and we are looking forward to next year.  With Hunter closed for the season there are only a handful of days left in the 2012-2013 season.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunter Closing Day 4/14/13

x10003q
Thanks for the report. The cloud cover looks like a bummer.