Hunter Mountain 12/18/11

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hunter Mountain 12/18/11

ml242
The website shows that they're making snow on 22 trails. 22. That's crazy. I wonder if they open up Eisenhower and a bunch more today. Sure it's not real snow but I can't help to get excited seeing the ropes start dropping.

I'm pretty sure that they'll get Hunter One open by tomorrow and add West before Christmas to spread out the crowds, but can they do it by Wednesday? Hitting Clairs and Annapurna midweek would really take the edge off. I' have the need for steeps!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hunter Mountain 12/18/11

JasonWx
I was there yesterday..They just started to blow on Ike and Wayout when I left. My guess is that they will  try to get Ike opened by this coming weekend along with Clairs and Wayout. They wouldn't touch Purna until they have sufficient cover on there main runs.

The skiing was ok yesterday , but became very slick in the afternoon. They have a lot work to do in a very small weather window. It's gonna warm up tue-friday
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
According to the website, Eisenhower is open today. They also got Minya Konka and crossover going, which should take the traffic off of Hellgate some. With a low of 14 they should be able to do a bunch more. The capacity and will seem to be there.

My plan to ski Thursday is in the garbage, but hopefully someone can make some use of the new terrain.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i saw that too..wow from bare ground to opened in 36hrs..they are the king
"Peace and Love"