classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ISHA Awards Dinner + Ski Hall of Fame Induction Banquet, Vail, April 2013

nelsap
Hi everybody,

Amazing time at the ISHA (International Ski History Association) Awards Dinner and Ski Hall of Fame Induction last week in Vail, CO.

I was thrilled and humbled when Lost Ski Areas of the Southern Adirondacks won an ISHA Skade Award. This is the culmination of NELSAP - a collaborative project from skiing enthusiasts who are helping to preserve the history of lost ski areas.

The ISHA Awards were Friday night the 12th. I was very excited to meet Billy Kidd, who won a lifetime achievement award. I had used his book for references on NELSAP. He cracked up when I told him that, and said "where did you find that book!".

The Ski Hall of Fame Induction Banquet was incredible...professionally done. Winners that you would recognize include Kirsten Clark, Jeremy Bloom, and Wayne Wong! I had never been to a real Hall of Fame induction before, and it was just an amazing experience...ski historians, racers, Olympians, ski resort operators/owners, all in the audience.

Jeremy

Billy Kidd and I with his book
Billy Kidd and I with his book

Billy Kidd walking up for his award...to the right is Suzy "Chapstick" Chafee
Billy Kidd walking up for his award...to the right is Suzy "Chapstick" Chafee

All the award winners
All the award winners

Hall of Fame Inductees
Hall of Fame Inductees

With Jeremy Bloom
With Jeremy Bloom

With Wayne Wong
With Wayne Wong
Jeremy Davis Founder, New England / NorthEast Lost Ski Areas Project www.nelsap.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ISHA Awards Dinner + Ski Hall of Fame Induction Banquet, Vail, April 2013

YUKON CORNELIUS
Is Jeremy Bloom really taller than you or are you standing in a hole?
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

nelsap
I think he is taller...I'm short!

JD
Jeremy Davis Founder, New England / NorthEast Lost Ski Areas Project www.nelsap.org
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
This post was updated on .
Either way, cool pics. Especially Wayne Wong & Billy Kid.

Bloom was a heck of a football player too.

Edited: AND CONGRATS!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
So cool.  Your book (the southern ADKs one) is on my nightstand and I pick it up every so often to read about another lost area.  My wife bought it for me for x-mas this year.  Congrats Jeremy!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Congratulations JD - it's a well deserved honor.  The pics with Wayne Wong and Billy Kidd are cool, would be awesome to take a run with those guys.  Looks like you had some nice skiing while you were out there too.  Looking forward to Lost Ski Areas of the Northern Adks!