ISKINY $10 1/10/13

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ISKINY $10 1/10/13

jimvdak
Anyone else taking advantage of the $10 lift tickets on Thursday? If so, who's going where. I'll be heading to Belleayre from NNJ if anyone wants to carpool. Not sure how many tickets are left for each place, but link attached below:

http://www.iskiny.com/discovernyskiing/
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ISKINY $10 1/10/13

snowmonkey
I am heading to Bell tomorrow, too.  Unfortunately I'm coming from the west, so no carpooling for me!  Maybe I'll see you out there.  Tomorrow looks like it's going to be warm, so I'll be in grey snowpants,light blue helmet, and probably just a bright blue wool sweater.  Tele-gear.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
I signed up for the tickets, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I put the printout.  

Was it a 'print from screen' code or was it an email that they sent?  If you have the email address that they sent it from, could you send it to me so I can do an email search?

Better yet, if you have a coupon you aren't going to use, I could use it. PM me.
If you are having fun, you are doing it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
I will be taking advantage, inadvertently, I decided to ask for the last three days of the week off. I decided on a Daks trip, Gore, Whiteface, and Titus. I have vouchers for all of them. Used the Gore voucher today, it was great, a tad firm, woods were good. I'm going to be using the $10 voucher tomorrow,  not mine, guy on Alpinezone, Jaytrem, has an extra, going to hook up with him in th AM. Guess I'll save my rain check for the Spring. Hopefully it won't be too wet Friday to make Titus worthwhile. Supposed to be great tomorrow,  sunny and 40.
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Should be from memberservices@iskiny.com.
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
Thanks, but I cannot find it at all in my inbox or trash.  I remember getting it, but ...senior moment. If anyone has an extra one for Gore, I still need one for my guest from Germany.  

Thanks again.
If you are having fun, you are doing it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
how was it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
“NYS 10-10-10” Ski Program Wins Excellence Award for Tourism Promotion

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. — The Empire State Development Division of Tourism, which administers the I LOVE NY program, was a co-recipient along with Ski Areas of New York, Inc. (SANY) and the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) of the 2013 Tourism Excellence Award for Tourism Promotion at the 7th Annual I LOVE NEW YORK Empire State Tourism Conference held at the Conference & Events Center in Niagara Falls on May 2nd. The co-recipients were selected by an independent judging panel of the New York State Travel & Vacation Association (NYSTVA, conference co-host), in recognition of their collaborative “NYS 10-10-10” program to promote skiing in New York State.

The announcement was made during the awards dinner segment of the conference.

“Governor Cuomo recognizes the importance of travel to the State’s economy and has made tourism a top-priority of his administration,” said Empire State Development President, CEO & Commissioner Kenneth Adams. “Congratulations to our team at I LOVE NEW YORK, and our partners at Ski Areas of New York and ORDA for developing a program which created many affordable introductions to New York State’s ski areas.”

Markly Wilson, Director of International Marketing for I LOVE NEW YORK and Mark Halter, President of Kissing Bridge Ski Resort and Chairman of Ski Areas of New York were on hand to receive the award. The nomination for the Tourism Excellence Award for Tourism Promotion (for entities with operating budgets over $500,000) was submitted by Liz Mezzetti, Marketing Director for ORDA, which is based in Lake Placid, NY.

As part of the judging process for the Tourism Excellence Award for Tourism Marketing, nominees had to demonstrate planning and implementation of an overall marketing strategy that is creative and innovative, and resulted in increased attendance, public/private partnership, media exposure, website activity, and/or consumer response. According to Conference Chairperson Suzanne Bixby, the judges selected the NYS 10-10-10 project because it was a model for demonstrating the ease in leveraging public and private partnerships, and for exceeding its goal for number of people buying specially-priced lift tickets and skiing in New York.

Said Bixby, “In submitting remarks about the NYS 10-10-10 project, judges used words like ‘fabulous’ and ‘catchy’ and ‘wow’ to describe their impressions about the simplicity and ultimate success of the project.”

“This award is recognition of an outstanding team effort put forth by the NYS Ski Industry, I LOVE NEW YORK and M. Silver and Associates,” said Scott Brandi, President of SANY. “We went from brain storming to implementation in less than 60 days.  The results exceeded expectations and we are looking forward to development of a new and improved promotion in the 2013-2014 season.”  

“ORDA was particularly pleased to work with SKI AREAS OF NY on this exciting project as we brought resorts north/south/east and west together in a unified message … Ski New York,” said Ted Blazer, President and CEO of ORDA. “Over the years we have been lucky to have I LOVE NEW YORK as partners in pushing the message about all the great winter opportunities that New York has to offer.  This is a perfect example of cooperative energies working towards bolstering our winter markets both internally and out of state as well. “

In the nomination questionnaire, Ms. Mezzetti wrote that the NYS 10-10-10 project deserved to win because, “Many skiers and riders, including those from New York, head to other states for long weekends and midweek winter trips. 10 -10 -10 was developed to give (them) a chance to try a New York State ski area for only $10 … boost tourism … revitalize the winter economy … keep people skiing in New York.”

Now in its fourth year, NYSTVA’s Tourism Excellence Awards recognize leadership and accomplishment in New York State’s travel and tourism industry. Said Bixby, “We are always pleased with the caliber of the tourism projects that are nominated each year, and this year proved to be the most difficult yet in teasing out winners from so many worthy projects. We thank everyone who submitted nominations that give us something to think about and emulate in our own promotional efforts.”

Twenty-three projects were submitted for award consideration across all categories.

The annual “I Love New York” Empire State Tourism Conference is co-hosted by the New York State Travel & Vacation Association (nystva.org), a trade association for tourism industry stakeholders across the state now in its 42nd year, and the New York State Department of Economic Development, Division of Tourism (iloveny.com). The annual “I Love New York” Empire State Tourism Conference brings together about 180 tourism industry professionals for three days of education and networking.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp