If you were to hold a demo day. What day would you choose?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

If you were to hold a demo day. What day would you choose?

Raymo40
This post was updated on .
I don't get it. Why hold a demo day in the middle of the week. You would think there would be a lot more potential buyers on a weekend.

Doesn't look to busy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: If you were to hold a demo day, what day would you choose?

Harvey
Administrator
Who decides on the day - the mountain or the reps?

If I was the mountain and it was my choice, I think I'd do it on a Friday, to see if I could get some people to come for a three day weekend.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
For those demoing, weekdays are the best because you get to demo the most skis. Weekends are mostly way too busy to even get to demo a ski that you are interested in, and, in the correct length.

"Usually" Gore hosts another demo in January, and that is "usually" on a Saturday. Check with Aunty Em's schedule.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
goldstocks demo which is usually the only weekend demo at gore is now being held at west. couldnt tell you about the rest. this weekend there is a demo day at mt snow on saturday and one at killington sunday for any interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
I think a lot has to do with the reps schedule. They'd prefer to work demos at other mountains on weekends. Demos are also labor intensive and rely on the reps to bring their demo stock. They cover a lot of geography so Gore gets what they get.
I Think, Therefore I Ski