Info on the new Volkl Kendos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Info on the new Volkl Kendos

MattyR
Has anyone skied the new Volkl Kendo?  I'm looking to upgrade my sticks and I've read good things about this ski online, but I was wondering if anyone here had any first hand experience with it.  I can's seem to find anywhere to demo it...

Right now, I'm leaning towards the AC30s...I demo'ed them at Jiminy Peak two weeks ago and they were awesome.  But I'd love to try the Kendos before I pull the trigger.

Any info would be appreciated!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Info on the new Volkl Kendos

SnowflakeADK
Not specifically the Kendos, but I have demo'd the Kenja's (wms model)  VERY nice ski!  They are second only to the Auras (wms Mantra) on my list.  I only got to demo them for 2 runs on a hardpacked groomer.  I wish I could have skied them in some more variable conditions.  They made solid large turns with very good edge hold...nice rebound out of the turns.  They could be carved, skid or anywhere in between without too much of a hassle.  

IMO, you can't go wrong with either ski.  They are both excellent choices.  If I had to lean one way or the other I would go with AC30 if vast majority of your skiing is on piste.....Kendo if you really like mixing it up frequently and I believe it will be a bit more fun on a pow day.  Demo'ing will be your best bet since each with have a different "ride".  Do you get near Killington at all?  I know I've seen them for demo in Northern Ski works.  Call around to some of the shops near the VT mountains.  I bet you'll find your demo.  

Finding the perfect ski is like going on crusade for the Holy Grail.  lol  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Info on the new Volkl Kendos

MattyR
Thanks for the feedback, SN!

I hear you on the "Holy Grail" thing...kinda hard to drop a $grand on something w/o investigating the heck out of the purchase.  

I've really got to find a place to demo them Kendos.  I'm sure I'd be perfectly happy with the AC30, but I'm intrigued about the snappiness and crud-busting power that folks have been raving about with the Kendos....