26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jay Peak Buys Burke

Harvey
Administrator
riverc0il wrote
Already commented about this on AZ, but this porky target is too good not to beat with a stick. Jay to Kingdom Trails takes an hour at the speed limit, Jay to Burke proper takes longer. I'm surprised they would exaggerate drive time by 1/3+ on an ad like that.

And Burke has condos. I wonder if Burke doesn't have operational control over them or doesn't get enough of a cut to promote them. Kinda crazy to do an ad for a hotel an hour away when Burke already has slopeside condos.
I didn't know the specifics, and I didn't see your post on AZ, but it did seem odd to me.  Made me think twice about the phrase I used above ... "joint promo."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
what's a bike festical???   AHAHAHAHAHAAH  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Wcax.com:

BURKE, Vt. (AP) - The new owner of Vermont's Burke Mountain Resort is going to increase snowmaking capacity by 50 percent to help the resort during winters when there is little snow.

The plan is to get up to 100 new snowmaking guns and a new compressor that will allow technicians to make more snow both early in the winter season and late.

http://www.wcax.com/story/18949486/new-owner-of-vt-ski-resort-to-boost-snowmaking
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Jay Peak / Burke Combo Passes on Sale:

https://ecommerce.jaypeakresort.com/e-commerce/itemList.aspx?node_id=1659816

(Image corrected as per Riverc0il's comment vvv)
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Plus 6% VT tax so add $50 or so top the adult pass.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
What a relief, I'm not a senior anymore.

When I bought my pass in May, the senior deal applied to those 55 and older but now it starts at 60. JPR has now created five years' worth of people that are going to be a little grumpy that their pass is suddenly $200 more. At least I have mine for this season. At $549 (without the Burke upgrade) it is affordable and makes sense for someone (like me) that might ski at Jay 10 to 15 days a season. Full pop - no way.

EDIT for good news: JPTracker just posted on AZ that he received a letter from JPR saying...

JPTracker wrote
...that since I had previously purchased a Senior Pass I will continue to be able to purchase a pass at Senior Rates until I turn 60.

That's how you treat your loyal customers.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report