classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jay Peak, VT: 2/15 - 2/17/12 – the outtakes

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
If you wish, you can read the full TR on my blog but here are a few fun pics that didn't make it to the blog post. I thought you might enjoy them:

My old friend the Hwy 401. Due north and on the other side of the river from Warp Daddy HQ, I believe:

Looking down Kizbuel, an all-natural snow run. Good coverage though a little scrapy between the bumps:

Note the barely revealed 6" stump to the left of my pole. The woods are still full of hazards:

No offense to the snowboarders in the crowd but this guy was out of his league on Can Am. He was actually doing a kind of side-slip here, slithering downhill on his toe side and hands, yelling obscenities at his buddy the whole time:

A better snowboarder (probably Ed) made solo tracks on St. George's Prayer after poaching the closed Face Chutes:

Snowboard tracks on River Quai. Bad line choice, dude. I took the skier right route where there was snow, not ice, under the fresh layer:

The Green Beret on sunny solo Thursday. No snowmaking here either:

rivercOil landing his jump in about the same view as above, the next day:

rivercOil demonstrating his racing heritage on Green Beret:

rivercOil dealing with an unexpected snow-berm on lower Green Beret:

For some reason I love this picture. There is a lot of exuberance in his pose. Sorry, rivercOil:

The new Hotel Jay looks pretty nice from this angle. Sadly, it blocks the view of the mountain from the parking lot:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jay Peak, VT: 2/15 - 2/17/12 – the outtakes

Telemark Dave
Noice!
I
Am
So
Envious!

But....where are the steaming' daemons from Cornwall!?
(Pudd Pro Tip)?

(hotdogs/franks etc for you Excited States dudes)

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jay Peak, VT: 2/15 - 2/17/12 – the outtakes

Telemark Dave
Billy K's as I In my limited mind recollect

Just sayin'

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.