JetForce Airbag Pack Technology

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JetForce Airbag Pack Technology

JTG4eva!
I’ve had some interest in canister airbag packs since getting into the backcountry.  However, on top of the investment (even used), that technology has some limitations.  Many people won’t ship, to begin with, even with an empty canister.  Then you have to find a place for cannister refills.  You can’t carry a loaded and ready to go pack on a plane.  Also, canister packs are one and done.  You hope to never deploy once, but it’s nice to know you can still use the tech after a deployment.  For instance, one of the guys in my backcountry group last Sat had the BD Saga JetForce pack and accidentally deployed on the cat track out.  It was easy to repack, and he still had airbag tech backing him up when we hit the backcountry.  While the JetForce packs, which use a battery and fan for deployment, are a little heavier than cannister packs, the technology seems to be something of a game changer.

Have a lead on a gently used 40L through TAY.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: JetForce Airbag Pack Technology

Breck
I got one, the 28 l in red. It is fine for day skiing, not enough volume I am guessing for overnight.

I practice deployed it a few times, good experience--it really pushes my head down, not quite chin on chest but it would be awkward to ski that way.

There is a recall for some of them--https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2015/jetforce-avalanche-airbag-packs-recalled-by-black-diamond

Breck