classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Joining the New England Ski Museum

nelsap
Hi everybody,

For those of you who don't know, the New England Ski Museum in Franconia Notch, NH is a world-class Museum, recently refurbished with new exhibits, ranging from Bode Miller's Olympic Medals to the first book to ever feature an image of a skier, Olus Magnus. As some of you know, I am on the Board of Directors, and enjoy being a part of this great organization.

We are looking to expand our membership base, and all of you are exactly the type of people we want to join - passionate skiers and sliders. We have a quarterly journal on ski history, events throughout the year (Exhibit Opening Party, Apres-Ski Party, Hannes Schneider Race, Annual Banquet + Spirit of Skiing Award, Bretton Woods Nordic Marathon, and more). Each year we have a new, rotating exhibit. We also give out Cal Conniff scholarships to deserving ski-related indviduals, ski groups, students, etc. The museum preserves an amazing amount of ski literature, skis, boots, lifts, ephemera, interviews, and much more.

I would like to challenge you to join the Museum - it is only $35/year, is tax deductible, and it is a great way to help preserve ski history and meet other ski history enthusiasts.

I have several introductory membership packets, with a sample journal, catalog, and more that I would be happy to send out to you - email me at nelsap@yahoo.com with your address. More membership info + benefits is at Ski Museum Membership if you would like to join. Please use NELSAP as a reference if you do so.

Hope to see some of you as members! Let me know if you have any questions about the Museum.

Jeremy
Jeremy Davis Founder, New England / NorthEast Lost Ski Areas Project www.nelsap.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Joining the New England Ski Museum

Harvey
Administrator
The museum is pretty cool. Especially if you are into the history of skiing. I went (and joined) last year when we went to Cannon, Attitash and Wildcat.  The newsletter alone is worth the 35 bucks.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Joining the New England Ski Museum

riverc0il
The Journal is more than worth the cost alone for ski history buffs. Proud to be a member and I encourage everyone else to do so as well. Only $35/year to help preserve skiing's history.