Kid Stoke!

158 messages Options
12345 ... 16
Goreskimom Goreskimom
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Sawyer Mtn

Wow, I am so flattered my suggestions are getting so much play on Harvey Rd.!  It looks like I see a smidgeon of color in your photo.  When you get more kids' stuff going, I have some good advice on getting kids on the slopes and middle of the night 911 calls in the North Country.
Zelda Zelda
Reply |

Re: Sawyer Mtn

Goreskimom wrote
Wow, I am so flattered my suggestions are getting so much play on Harvey Rd.!  It looks like I see a smidgeon of color in your photo.  When you get more kids' stuff going, I have some good advice on getting kids on the slopes and middle of the night 911 calls in the North Country.
We really appreciated your help this week.

The 911 thing is always in the back of my mind. If you've got advice on that topic, I'd be very interested to hear it.
adksara adksara
Reply |

Re: Kid Stoke!

In reply to this post by Harvey
A weekend or two ago, my daughter (almost 1 1/2 years), my dad & I rode the gondola up to Bear and hiked over to the summit of Gore. Granted part of the excuse to head to the mountain was to pick up our passes (wooohooo!), but it was a gorgeous day for a hike too. A quiet day, beautiful skies & good company... what more could I ask for.

She spent most of the hike up in the pack, but completely loved the top - more than enough rocks to keep her occupied (see the picture!), grass to play & get stuck in, and a pbj sandwich to eat in between running around.

I can't wait to get her hiking more on her own & really can't wait for the snow to fall for more fun. The next generation of adventurer (to borrow Harvey's phrase) is on the mountain paths!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: Kid Friendly Hikes near Speculator

I finished entering the kid-friendly hikes courtesy of the Speculator Chamber of Commerce.

Love this pic:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Goreskimom Goreskimom
Reply |

Has anyone hiked the Auger Falls Trail?  We tried but could not find the correct trailhead.
Snowballs Snowballs
Reply |

Not me. But I googled that and found this cool site. Kinda like the swimming hole one we had earlier. I have not " perused " it yet, tho I am all the way up to the " P's " in the dictionary. Peter Piper picked a peck......

http://nyfalls.com/waterfalls.html
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by adksara
Gear Source rocks:

Kid Skis

New bindings, new skis, used four-buckle boots = $79!

Yikes!

Thanks JMP.
Goreskimom Goreskimom
Reply |

Enjoy the $79 outfitting trips.  Today we purchased skis for a 9 year old and an 11 year old.  Suffice to say that it was not $79. We were able to move around some bindings, so we were only out $ for the skis.  
K man K man
Reply |

here's some kid stoke for you. 9 years old.

Kelly Sildaru / Playground from Sildaru on Vimeo.

Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Neve rode the Sunway Chair today and was ripping lines on Jamboree...

Zelda and I were definitely proud.
12345 ... 16