classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
158 messages Options
1 ... 5678
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kid Stoke

Petronio
Our first run Saturday morning, great start to a great day at Gore.  Youngest in pink helmet, my middle daughter in the green and their cousin without the poles.  Stoked when I tried to catch up to the ones in front and couldn't do it.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kid Stoke!

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
I was showing Neve pics tonight of last President's weekend at Gore.  That weekend we lapped the line under the Straightbrook chair many times.  

She says... "Daddy I like that run because it has a lot of exposed rocks!"

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Our ski family is progressing.  My now 7 yo Noah is doing Mountain Explorers at Gore.  

Two awesome firsts this weekend: he did his first blacks (with his group) Peekamoose (saturday) and Dot Nebel (sunday).

Also on Sunday we both got our first First Chair, skiing down from mid lodge and scoring on lift 1 at 850 🙂 . Fun times!
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Maybe a Freudian slip - we are at Belle....
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
We came to the end of a great Mountain Explorer program at Belle this weekend with my 7 yo son.

The past three weeks the mountain has been skiing great.  I think last weekend I took my son into the glades for the first time.  This Saturday, during his group break at lunch, he dragged me into Belleayre glade.  I skied it the week before, but this week it had two bumps/jumps at the bottom at the exit that weren't there last week.  My son's fresh legs led him out first (!) and he handled the bumps perfectly.  

I assumed there weren't bumps there, was a little lazy, and did a yard sale off the last one.  That was kind of funny.  It was really nice to see my son confident in the woods.

Also that day, I took him off the top of Belleayre run for the first time.  Good stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
DomB wrote
Also that day, I took him off the top of Belleayre run for the first time.  Good stuff.
A great feeling

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB

[Man are the emojis addictive - no wonder everyone uses them]
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by DomB
Awesome
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
This post was updated on .
I love it when I drive 4 1/2 hours to Whiteface so my kid can play on a snow pile outside the lodge. Said no parent ever.

I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Been a while since my kids paid attention to the snow banks.....but they still do some tray sledding!!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Last night I had this weird dream. I was skiing with Z and Little Z at Plattekill. Except Little Z was maybe 5 years old.  We were on Plunge/Slalom and Big Z was behind.  I went ahead on Plunge and and LZ went down GS. For some reason GS was bumped up big (which it never is in reality). I went to the bottom to encourage him down. I got to the intersection and Little hucks this monsterous bump does like a half heli and sticks it.

Weird. That is all.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Harvey wrote
Last night I had this weird dream. I was skiing with Z and Little Z at Plattekill. Except Little Z was maybe 5 years old.  We were on Plunge/Slalom and Big Z was behind.  I went ahead on Plunge and and LZ went down GS. For some reason GS was bumped up big (which it never is in reality). I went to the bottom to encourage him down. I got to the intersection and Little hucks this monsterous bump does like a half heli and sticks it.

Weird. That is all.
Yep that is weird
I’m trying to remember if you and I have ever skied together
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Z wrote
Harvey wrote

Weird. That is all.
Yep that is weird
I’m trying to remember if you and I have ever skied together
I’m pretty sure you didn’t ski together at Plattekill at least...  very odd dream in my opinion.

Hey Harv, I have a great aunt from the old country that’s known for her ability to interpret dreams. I put in the call already. When she gets back to me I’ll let you know what it means.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Yesterday Neve: Poach?

Today Neve: Poach!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Harvey wrote

Very cool
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

Brings a tear to the eye, don’t it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Seriously. Yesterday I was asked to define the term. Today we lived it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I had to be convinced to join my 13 year old and her friends in a game of laser tag.  Actually 3 games.

It was fun as hell. I felt like Kramer when he dominated the dojo in his karate class.

I also liked the hoop game.  I guess I was the kid here.

1 ... 5678