Killy Line Cutter Pass

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killy Line Cutter Pass

I:)skiing
Coming to a lift near you:  Load up your lift pass with credits.   On busy days, a lift ride costs 10 credits, on lite days it will cost you 2.    This would push people to areas of the mountain they otherwise may not want to ski, but do to save on lift credits.      I hate technology sometimes.    
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
If a mountain is that busy it needs to sell early access passes, then I don't need to ski there.  Or at least I'll hit it midweek.  
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by snoloco
Tell me more about this Mountain Creek...
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Harvey
I have a "liftcutter pass" at Gore. It's called the ADK Express>Wood-In>The Darkside.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Tell me more about this Mountain Creek...
please make it stop
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I have a "liftcutter pass" at Gore. It's called the ADK Express>Wood-In>The Darkside.
+1.  Even though the AE2 is cushy, no one will ride it because no one wants to ride a lift that's out in the open.  Originally I wanted it to have a bubble, but with the gondola next to it, why bother?  Let the holiday crowds ride the enclosed lift, and we get our own lift that is out in the open.

Unless I am going somewhere that only the gondola goes, I'm never riding it because the AE2 will be faster, more comfortable, although a bit colder.  I may even opt for the 3 lift (AE2, High Peaks, Topridge) route over the gondola to access those areas. However, skiing is a winter sport, so I expect it to be cold.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Suck it up and have your Dad buy you a coat with a hood.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Why so opposed to early access for pass holders?  For the crowds that Mountain Creek passholders have to put up with, we deserve an our to ourselves on weekend mornings  Don't like if a mountain you aren't a passholder has it?  Then don't ski there.  I personally didn't mind it at Stratton because I know that it isn't my home mountain and I'm not a passholder.  Those who do have it as their home mountain get special treatment like I get at Mountain Creek.  If I want special treatment, then I should stay at Mountain Creek.
I have no objection if it's a free perk for passholders.  In fact I think it's a great way for a ski area to add value to their season pass product.  WF and Tremblant (and others I'm sure) have free first tracks programs for non-passholders, all you have to do is sign up and be there.  I think that's great too.  But once you start charging for it, as Sugarbush ($500) and Stratton ($300 upgrade I believe) are doing, then first tracks become bought rather than earned.  That's what I object to.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
snoloco wrote

Mountain Creek's you don't even need to sign up for.  They just allow passholders to load an hour early.
just to get the riffraff out of the lodge
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
Killy line cutter pass has been killed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Very few people bought them, so they didn't get much extra money.  What they did get is a ton of nasty emails and a huge backlash from the majority of pass holders who didn't buy the line cut pass.  Very few mountains have such a thing.  Plus at Killington, there are ways to avoid lines by using secondary lifts, and except for holidays, most lifts don't have a line anyway.  It just made more sense to kill the product and refund the money to anyone who bought it than to keep it going.