Labrador Conditions

17 messages Options
tirolski tirolski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Labrador

Skied Lab 12-3 under mostly blue skies.
Temps in upper 30s-low 40s.
Buttery snow to somewhat soft base and no ice anywhere.
Easy on the knees but heavy snow made for more effort than usual.
Had groomer going on a couple trails during the day but the skied on trails were much more fun.
radskier radskier
Reply |

I was pretty disappointed. There weren’t any lines and the chairs never stopped to meet and mingle with friends. I could see outside and eat the lunch I brought.  They don’t have a express lift. Couldn’t find the selfie station, or the serve yourself coffee in the ski shop. There wasn’t any bibimap Bowles, or watered down mimosas. Said no one ever...
tirolski tirolski
Reply |

Skied lab today 9:15 till 2:30. Temp mid teens. Winds 10 mph or so.
Lots of new snow (14"+) and it lightly snowed lake effect with sun being out to boot.
Thanks Urllr.
They had everything open with little grooming on trails served by both triples.
Ptarmigan lift opened after 10 and wore me out after about 5 runs through the loads of snow.
Headed back to Main triple and Badger lifts.
Super fun but I didn't deserve many points for style skiing through all the cut up.
Need more practice
Most everyone said best day of year.
Little Wing Little Wing
Reply |

Re: Labrador Conditions

In reply to this post by tirolski
I waited until afternoon on Monday 3/16/2020, to get to Lab , figuring it would be quite icy in the AM.
Met up with a summer friend who said I guessed correctly.
Skied 1-4:30 , partly sunny, warm in the 40's. Nice spring corn, with about 20 other skiers.
They had about 7 ways down and plenty of snow on the slopes that were open.
Some of the patrollers and other staff said that a decision to reopen after today was still being made.
Last NA ski area open ?
Heard of any others ?
Big D Big D
Reply |

Cannon in NH. and Gunstock are open and maybe McCauley near Old Forge will open on Wed. (McCauley is closed on Tuesdays may open on Wed. 3/18/20). Oh... and Brenton Woods is open and maybe Waterville valley.
Z Z
Reply |

Got to love NH.  Live free or die
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
onscott onscott
Reply |

Yeah, I saw that the governor of New Hampshire ordered Cannon to remain open until further notice.  A bit too far from Syracuse, but McCauley is definitely game - always wanted to go there.

Also noticed (from OnTheSnow) that a bunch of places are still open in Idaho, including Schweitzer.