Lift kills worker in Oklahoma

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lift kills worker in Oklahoma

Footer
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/2-people-rescued-after-hanging-tulsa-fair-sky-ride-n426366

These type of things have always bothered me.  You know they aren't getting inspected right or have well trained operators.  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lift kills worker in Oklahoma

I:)skiing
Yep,  I tend to agree on the inspections and operators.   I think as these machines get better and better (built) the folks who own/operate them get into a lull on safety and knowledge.     I was an inspector out of college.  I pissed a lot of contractors off because I would not take bribes and would do my tests correctly causing them to have to actually do the work to spec....goodness sakes.   I will say that the contractors who did the job right, made my job very easy.....but very boring.   I only did it for 2 yrs.....I can see if that was my job for 10 yrs, I might get complacent.  

On another note:  Disney is hiring foreign labor at an all time high rate, asking US workers to quit after training their replacement.    If so, they get a nice severance.   If not, they are fired anyway.   Yes, I am sure Disney has to go to the foreign labor market to get workers, because US workers don't want to "pick lettuce" at Disney.   Give me a break.  Starting to feel the same way for our industry now too.    If local resorts would feed, house and pay US workers like they do foreign replacements, maybe they would get more applicants.