Line Prophet 98 advice?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Line Prophet 98 advice?

Danzilla
Anyone riding the 2013 or 2014 model regularly? I demo'd these last year and thought they were fantastic but only did 2-3 runs on them. Unfortunately my second pair of Atomics are on the way back to the mfr. Need to get a set up in short order and found a pair of prophet 98s in 179cm for $399. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line Prophet 98 advice?

Danzilla
So I ended up getting the Prophet 98 in 179 length. So far I really like them. I can't wait for some actual fresh snow. They have way more spring/rebound than my atomics but with enough stiffness/dampness so that I don't get bounced around too much. I am still getting used to the width when going edge to edge as they are the widest ski I've ridden regularly. They carve and hold a really good edge. The most important thing is that they are fun as hell. Still not sure why line decided to phase out the prophets.

Interestingly, the first day I had them at Gore I locked them up on the rack at lunchtime. When I came back out the lock was gone but the skis were still there. Lucky break I guess. Would have really sucked for someone to steal them my first day out. Can't believe people have the balls to break locks and steal skis in plain view.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
I skied the old 100s and loved them. They were a very good every day ski for me, unless it was super icy. I've only met one person who didn't like the 98s, but he isn't a very good skier. :)
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I ski the 98's too..No complaints...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
I'm diggin my P90's too... Not radically different than the sultan's I was riding. A little less turny, decent edge hold. More lively in the bumps and trail edges. I bumped up a size length but doesn't really feel it as long as I stay over them. Need some snow to try em in the trees! Really pleased with the build from an aesthetic point too!, they look as cool as they ski!