Open this post in threaded view
|

Line skis as telemark skis...

Telemark Dave
Check out this thread on TTips...

http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=78826

Discuss amongst yourselves....

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line skis as telemark skis...

MC2 5678F589
Don't understand the controversy.  He emailed a guy at Line asking where to mount his tele bindings, and he got the answer: "sorry, we're all alpine skiers, ask the binding manufacturer."

It seems like an okay answer to me.  Would it be better if they were a little more knowledgeable? Yes, but that's what TGR Tech Talk is for.  You can't always expect a solid answer about Tele equipment from an alpine company.  Maybe next time he'll buy skis from Black Diamond, G3, or Voile.

But even then, he'll get the same answer.  Probably something like "We recommend mounting Tele bindings 10-25mm forward of traditional alpine mounting point for ease of turn entry blah blah blah".  Or they'd point him to this link, also from TTips.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line skis as telemark skis...

Telemark Dave
I think the unknown is how to apply that theory to rockered/early rise skis..
The issue of determining running surface comes into play. I will have to address this soon when mounting my new Élan Boomerangs.  Of course there's lots of "tech talk" on TGR, even specific to the Boomerangs...alpine binders, of course.

I prolly should start a play by play thread documenting my typical over "anal"lizing
Of the process....

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.