Local BC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Local BC

Adk Keith
So my buddy JohnF (famous for the Friday Fantasy Photo #10) made the trip from Central NY to my place for a little local backcountry last Saturday. We first hit a small area that I had scouted last summer. While the conditions were good, is was a short shot and we went looking for longer lines that we eventually found a little further down the mountain. Of course the squall that Harvey mentions in his Hickory Tele Fest report, hit us just as we decided to take some pictures.

John

Air John

Adk Keith

Conditions were dense powder with a little crust tossed in for interest but it seemed as though where ever we pointed the skis, the conditions were very good. A navigation error on my part extended the skinning a bit and we ended up doing over 8 miles. Great to be able to walk out the front door and have great skiing like this.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Local BC

Harvey
Administrator
I love pics taken when it's dumping. Sometimes they're out of focus and usually lack contrast. But, to a skier at least, you know what you're looking at. It's like your mind can compensate.

I also like the idea of a "Local BC" thread.  Who else has access to it? SBR does.

Looks like you guys had the right skis for the day.  Nice.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Local BC

Adk Keith
Thanks Harvey. The skis were perfect for the conditions, but they sure did get heavy by the end of the day...