Petronio
The Rumor.  Anyone on this board?

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Look Out Below!

Jon951
Wish I had a video of my son, 12 years old, tucking The Rumor at Gore top to bottom. Way before phones with cams and he didn't announce his maneuver, so would not have the vid anyway now I think about it. Trail was clear, so no threat to anyone but himself. He's the knucklehead pictured far left in my avitar. I guess he was trying to convince me why he wanted to enter the Jr. Downhill program at Mt. Snow, despite me telling him, "no way Jose"

p.s. he held on the whole way down! Not proud of his move, just reporting it. The good news is my son calmed down significantly since his "death wish" days.

I have however, seen many uncontrolled slides on The Rumor like the one in the vid presented in this thread.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
You had to have been crapping your pants Jon ! Watching your kid hit Mach speed on Rumor,,,,    
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Snowballs wrote
You had to have been crapping your pants Jon ! Watching your kid hit Mach speed on Rumor,,,,    
Jaw was dropped no doubt. To this day I often wonder the speed he hit. He was on a pair of Volkl GS skis which were performance based enough for him to hold on. I was skiing with my friend from home and his 12 yo son that day. My friend, turned to me and said, "I don't want my kid skiing with your kid anymore." Couldn't blame my friend for saying this. The good news is my son didn't engage in an encore performance like this even again. He finally admitted something scared the crap out of him a few months back....setting up and bringing materials up a 40 foot scaffold to extend his chimney...go figure. Guess he's getting old (will be 28 next week), lol.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Luckily the trail was not crowded and he did not take out that guy lower on the trail.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
PeeTex wrote
Luckily the trail was not crowded and he did not take out that guy lower on the trail.
That's exactly what I was thinking -- goodbye ACL.

Petronio