MONSTER storm--Holiday Valley opens Friday.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MONSTER storm--Holiday Valley opens Friday.

Gorefarmhouse
I thought everyone would find this pretty amazing.  The storm out here in Western New York if MONUMENTAL.  When all is done, South Buffalo and areas just south will top out at 100 inches.  This started last night around 10 and some places already have 4+ feet.  I am 1.5 miles from city hall (downtown) and went to the observation deck with the family to check it out.  I was going to post the video I took until I saw this.  Hopefully the link works OK.  I have 2 inches of snow on my lawn.  LITERALLY 4 miles from my house is utter chaos!!!  I have nothing.  This video is from city hall and the snow wall you see is about 2 miles from the observation deck.  This wall will swing down to the south to balst the ski areas starting tonight through to Friday.  Hope this works

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=874138202619811
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MONSTER storm--Holiday Valley opens Friday.

Z
My wife is from Buffalo.  She talked to her family back there and they can't go anywhere.  They said its not snowing in Endicottville though so all this snow on flat spots is all pain no skiing.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MONSTER storm--Holiday Valley opens Friday.

Gorefarmhouse
Unless your Nordic or want to make fun stuff like this as you play in the snow.  
Opening day is Friday.  Entire area is under a state of emergency, so you can't get there from here anyways.

But the video IS amazing.  Will post a couple more