MRG 3/21-3/22

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MRG 3/21-3/22

evergreen
Spent the weekend at MRG, Saturday was the nicer day, temps in the 30s.  Mountain is 100% open, so we spent the whole time in the woods.  Here is a descent through a riverbed.  A group of little kids and their instructor blew past us.

Sunday was cold and windy, but there was still lots of powder above the mid station.  We had no problems finding the goods.  19th hole, wood box, octopus, catamount, whatever they call those things.  Don't go into the chimney chute.  I had to hang onto saplings to get down into it, no fun and scary.  Here is something close by, my son working on his environmental science major at UVM:

Sunday was weird, midwinter conditions: 3F at summit with a 35 MPH wind, and that strong March sun giving you a wind/sunburn.  Hard to believe that last year we finished the season at Sugarbush the first weekend in April with temps in the 60s.  Looks like there is a ton of snow that will last for another month at least.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MRG 3/21-3/22

onscott
Wow!  Hard to believe those conditions as last two years (if I remember) they were barely open.  Those kids have short skis...wait till they grow up LOL!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
How did we miss you? We were there on Saturday!  It was pretty incredible conditions!  Nevada got to do fall line and I hit up Paradise..

Did you see that Bobby Brown was there doing back flips off Gazelle Glade?  Not the singer...  :)
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Here are some of my random pics to add. The conditions were great . Wishing we caught up this weekend!

Conditions were great - Gazelle and Panther fully covered

Saturday was cool then warm then cool again but, the conditions were incredible

Chris and Ray warming up

With my close friend Chris Crowley - Mountain Host of MRG

Entering into Half Pipe Glade

Entering into Half Pipe Glade.. It was very buttery..

Bunny Glade

Bunny Glade

My wife Alicia on Ferret - Nevada did it too..
My wife Alicia on Ferret - Nevada did it too..

My 6 year old Nevada , 10 soon to be 11 year old son  Sandro and close friend - coming down Fall Line

My 6 year old Nevada , 10 soon to be 11 year old son  Sandro and close friend - coming down Fall Line

Heading into Paradise... Conditions were stellar..

Heading into Paradise. Conditions were stellar...

Our guide - 14 year old Tali Crowley  followed by my son Sandro

Our guide - 14 year old Tali Crowley  followed by my son Sandro

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Yes, that was cool! Didn't realize who it was but saw the big camera equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
I think Ben Friedman was recording with them too. If so, that would be cool. Here is some raw footage that I think Eric got.

AlbaAdventures.com