ScottyJack
very cool story!   thx for sharing
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mad River Valley Memories

gorgonzola
too bad the term snowbotards never stuctk, i like it!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by 2000yearoldskier
Cool stuff 2koldskier!

I'll be back with something more positive to add to the thread as soon as I think of a good one.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
OK, here's one.

One of our housemates ran into a buddy of his from HS that he hadn't seen in years, turns out the guy was a VT Trooper. So they got together and planned a little prank on us. One night we were heading back home from a night out in Burlington and just as we turned on to our road, WHAMO!! Cop lights start flashing
Immediately, without hesitation, all four windows in the car go down and we start chucking beers/weed out the window (obviously wouldn't do any good but hey we were drunk). Once we came to a stop and the trooper car pulls up behind us we see 2 cops get out. Next thing we know it's our buddy Ricky sticking his head in the window of the car yelling "GOTCHA"!!!!!! And the Trooper was laughing his balls off. Ricky said, hey guys meet Kevin, he's a VT State Trooper and a good buddy of mine from HS. We would've beat the shit out of Ricky for that but we were able to find our beers and bag so all was good

We still talk about that night to this day.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Snowbrains.com just put up this article on Spider and Claudine yesterday.

http://snowbrains.com/murder-glory-money-fame-scandal-the-spider-sabich-story/
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Speaking of Spider --- parents of one of our crew owned a local ski shop thru the 60's, 70's and early 80's. He's building a ski room in his house where these pictures will be hung. I don't know how many people have Spiders autograph but these sure are cool in my book

Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
Thanks Camp,Spyder sure was cool.

Any Mad River thread has to have a few words about Betsy Pratt.
To Betsy I was just another SB employee skiing free once a week.

Very practicaL about marketing,  at metro ski shows the MRG table offered free bumper stickers,
only to those of driving age.  Betsy got 50cents or a buck from the little kids who wanted them
for their bedroom walls.

My favorite Betsy quote regarding snowboards. "  You could play croquet at St. Andrews, too,
but that's not gonna happen."

She had a great look with blue parka and pipe.