Open this post in threaded view

Re: McCauley Conditions

How was the weekend?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
greyMoose greyMoose
Reply |

My son and I were there yesterday.  It was a most excellent start to the season and most of the mountain was open (though the website listed only a few trails).  There were plenty of huge bumps from snowmaking to navigate around but I'm sure those will be groomed this week in preparation for the holiday weekend.

They did a really great job on the chalet renovation too.  Really opens things up and gives everyone access to the fireplace.  I do think they need to add back in some shelves for gear storage but they'll figure that stuff out as the year progresses.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

greyMoose wrote
My son and I were there yesterday.  It was a most excellent start to the season and most of the mountain was open (though the website listed only a few trails).  There were plenty of huge bumps from snowmaking to navigate around but I'm sure those will be groomed this week in preparation for the holiday weekend.

They did a really great job on the chalet renovation too.  Really opens things up and gives everyone access to the fireplace.  I do think they need to add back in some shelves for gear storage but they'll figure that stuff out as the year progresses.
Thanks for this. I thought about driving out Sat am, but for me it's added driving (and less sleep) on a short weekend.  Sounds like the site did undersell it.

Can't wait to see McCauley again.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Anyone have an update?
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

Arrived to 28" of nice powder this morning. It felt like it was bottomless at times, especially in the woods and Olympic. Needless to say this snow opened up the entire mountain. The 28" was definitely a legitimate number as they got pounded in Old Forge.

Only one pic because it was cold and I was having too much fun. Top 10 day in my book.

greyMoose greyMoose
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Another fine day at McCauley yesterday! Pretty much no wait at the lift and the whole mountain is skiing great.
greyMoose greyMoose
Reply |

The Little Mountain That Could just keeps delivering.  Had another fun day up at McCauley yesterday with my son before he heads back to school and before the arctic blast hits us.  Can you believe it, for just $15, my son gets the mid-week, all-day college rate.  

The whole mountain remains in play.  One small negative was SkyRide which had snow guns going and you had to work your way around them.  No big deal though...

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it.  I may drive up from Plattekill Sunday night and ski Big Mac on Monday.  Love to connect with anybody who is up for it. Looks like a heat wave and a good chance for snow.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.96238044122384&lat=43.6907100445778#.Wk96CLSpnOR

tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

Whenever I see this thread pop up I get this parrot squawking noise in my head.  Just sharing.
greyMoose greyMoose
Reply |

Harvey wrote
Thanks for the update, really appreciate it.  I may drive up from Plattekill Sunday night and ski Big Mac on Monday.  Love to connect with anybody who is up for it. Looks like a heat wave and a good chance for snow.
Wish I could but my car is in the shop ... your birthday too on Monday?
1234567 ... 12