classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mirror Lake Inn or Lake Placid Lodge

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
Friend would like to know which one is nicer?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mirror Lake lodge or Lake Placid Lodge

marznc
JasonWx wrote
Friend would like to know which one is nicer?
For summer or winter?  In the winter I'd much rather be in town at the Mirror Lake Inn, walking distance to the shopping and restaurants.  Harder to say for a summer vacation.

I know a couple who really enjoyed the Mirror Lake Inn for ski weekend.  Trying to get enough friends to go during next winter to get a group rate.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Summer
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Never been to LPL so cant help there. Really couldnt go wrong with either choice though, i would think...  

For a real fun time though you should check out Cadance Lodge in the big wink!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
LPL is more upscale than the mirror lake in.  Its secluded and off the beaten path and sits on Lake Placid.  Mirror Lake is better for walking around town and sits on Mirror Lake.  If I was looking to WOW someone it would be the LPL...not that you are slumming it at the mirror lake.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Don't know LPL but the other place in the town of Lake Placid that is very upscale is the Whiteface Lodge, which is closer to Main Street than LPL.  Haven't stayed there but have been through the public areas when attending a luncheon.  Relatively new buildings in the classic Adirondack lodge style.  Not that much of a view though.

For a summer weekend, I'd rather be closer to town and not have to deal with a bus or parking.  For a longer stay, the LPL looks more relaxing if planning to stay close to the lodging choice most of the time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
This post was updated on .
I think what others have said is true...If you want to be able to walk to downtown Lake Placid, MLL is the place.  LPL is more secluded from town with their own waterfront right on Lake Placid.  We stayed at an airbnb in Saranac Lake and had an awesome time.  We went to MLL for the fireworks on July 4, last summer and spent an afternoon hanging out having a few cold ones and then had dinner at LPL.  The view from MLL was beautiful.

From Mirror Lake Lodge:

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
thanks guys my inlaws are taking the fam there for a few days..
"Peace and Love"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Both are beyond nice

LP lodge requires a mortgage payment per night while ML inn is a measly car payment per night
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I've stayed at both, and would agree that you can't go wrong with either property. The Lake Placid Lodge is a slight notch above the Mirror Lake Inn, but I tend to prefer the location of the Mirror Lake Inn a bit more. It's a tough call, but given your summer travel, if rates are not that disproportionate, I'd likely opt for the Lake Placid Lodge. It's a very nice property.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
If money is no object, check out the Point on Saranac Lake.  My choice of the two would be MLI, upscale, well run, right in town, but a ton of adventures right at your doorstep  and you don't have to sell a body part to stay there.  I'd put the Whiteface Lodge above LPL currently.  About the same money but better service...IMHO
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Booked MLI
thanks for all the advice..
"Peace and Love"