classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mohawk Mountain - Cornwall CT 2/7/12

patchrick09
This post was updated on .
After school me and my dad went to mohawk for some night skiing 18-20 buck for 4 hours not bad at all. Mohawk is a smaller mountain but still offers good skiing, nice mountain never really crowded. I dont have much time so im just gunna throw up the pics, if you want to know anything about the mountain feel free to ask.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mohawk Mountain- Cornwall CT 2/7/12

BigDogMom
Mohawk was the mountain where I learned to ski as a child.  I love the place and have truly wonderful memories (except for when I fell through the ice on the pond in back of the lodge).  We had lace up boots, snap spring bindings on wooden skis with bamboo poles.  I remember shredding many pairs of mittens on the rope tow and being so excited when I was finally able to ride the chair lift.  My best day ever was when I was 12 and the 16 year old lifty flirted with me.  I thank my parents so very much for giving us the gift of skiing.  It is the most wonderful sport for a family to enjoy together!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mohawk Mountain- Cornwall CT 2/7/12

patchrick09
BigDogMom wrote
Mohawk was the mountain where I learned to ski as a child.  I love the place and have truly wonderful memories (except for when I fell through the ice on the pond in back of the lodge).  We had lace up boots, snap spring bindings on wooden skis with bamboo poles.  I remember shredding many pairs of mittens on the rope tow and being so excited when I was finally able to ride the chair lift.  My best day ever was when I was 12 and the 16 year old lifty flirted with me.  I thank my parents so very much for giving us the gift of skiing.  It is the most wonderful sport for a family to enjoy together!
 Thats a great story BDM, thanks for sharing. I myself am currently 16 learned to ski at belleayre when i was 10, great memories glad i got into skiing also. Im very surprised they havent put up a small fence or something along the walkway from the lodge to the lift, pretty easy to fall into the pond but such a great mountain ive been there a handful of times and its always nice.