Mt Holly Holly, Mi: 2/6/20

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mt Holly Holly, Mi: 2/6/20

Mi Skier
We revived around 2' of snow on late Wednesday night Thursday morning with another inch or so for the afternoon/evening. So I took my ski gear to work with me and headed out after work. It was lightly snowing when i left and the hour drive ended up being 1hr 20mins. I was booted p and on the lift by 5:30 and was greeted with a nice packed powder

Shortly after i got there they opened the Thunderbolt chair which services the Thunderbolt run which you can still ski, but it can take a little of a hike to get to another lift, so the nice part is there still was some new snow that wasn't totally skied out

The snow picked up a little whih made the snow even better and some areas were starting to get a little bit of powder and lets face it with a small hill like this a little bit of powder is all you can have otherwise you will stall out.

It never got windy and the temp was around 28 degrees so it was a very comfortable night of skiing. Night skiing the last two weeks i can say I like night skiing, I grew up skiing Jiminy Peak on Thursday nights in ski club and it brings lots of great memories.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mt Holly Holly, Mi: 2/6/20

tjf1967
You poor bastard.   The mountain looks boring and small and you are still getting after it.  KUDOS!!!  PS. I would to.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
tjf1967 wrote
You poor bastard.   The mountain looks boring and small and you are still getting after it.  KUDOS!!!  PS. I would to.
Have to take what you can get on a weeknight.
Reply | Threaded
|

NYSnowflake
I dabbled in snowboarding there at Mt Holly in the 90s with my best high school friend (and soon-to-be boyfriend). My best friend had terrible balance and broke both her tailbone and her arm snowboarding there on different occasions. One night after we dropped her off at the hospital where she had her arm taken care of, the new boyfriend and I drove into Detroit and hiked up Balduck Park sledding hill to get some turns in the city by the light of the street lamps. That’s how you roll in Southeast Michigan!