classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mt Holly, Mi: 1/19/19

Mi Skier
This post was updated on .
My daughter and myself decided to stay a little closer to home and ski at one of the Metro Detroit small ski hills.This is where my daughter fell in love with skiing when she was 5 and she is now 24. In Ann Arbor there was a steady snow with 5" of snow on the ground, unfortunately the snow had a hard shut off line around 30 miles north of us. The 60 mile, 1 hour drive north ended up being close to 2 hours due to the Explorer that thought he could do 70 on a slushy highway and ended up in the guard rail.  Mt Holly ended up with maybe 3" of snow and because of how their ticket system works you either have to buy a morning or night ticket and we had to get the night ticket. The snow was still very soft with a few powder stashes on the sides of the runs.

It was great to get back to what used to be our home hill. Going back was like putting an old pair of shies on. I still know where every bump and drop is. Mt Holly is listed @350' vertical but it skis more like 300' at best. They do have a 6 pole HSQ and to some it is a waste of money, I beg to differ, when the runs are so short spending less time on the lift is much better.
They make the most  of whet they have to work with and of the four Metro Detroit ski areas I feel that Mt Hooly is the best.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mt Holly, Mi: 1/19/19

JTG4eva!
Thanks for the trip report.  Like old home week, as it looks a lot like the local hill I grew up on!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!