classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My Trip to Dorney Park

snoloco
This post was updated on .
I know that going to an amusement park is not a summer sport, but it is a summer activity that helps me get through the warm months when I can't ski. On Monday 7/15/13 I went to Dorney Park in Allentown PA. On the day that went there were no lines at all for any of the roller coasters. Everyone was in the waterpark because temperatures soared into the 90s. I rode all 6 major roller coasters in 2 hours and did re-rides on some. Videos of all of the coasters that I went on, in the order I rode them are below. Re-rides happened after I rode everything once. I do not own these videos. Video credits to all videos except the third are to youtube user sharpproductions. The third video was from youtube user FrontSeatCoasters.

First I went on Talon The Grip of Fear

After that was Hydra The Revenge

Then Possessed

Then Thunderhawk

Next was Steel Force

And Finally Stinger

It was a fun day even though it was blistering hot. I would recommend Dorney Park to any thrill seekers out there who don't like huge lines. The videos would not embed so I had to use links to show them.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My Trip to Dorney Park

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
You owe me on this one snoloco. (Wish I had the ten mins of my life back I spent embedding those vids!)

And yeah not sure this qualifies as a summer sport.

Cool videos though. They may end up in the OT.

Carry on.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Thanks for your help Harvey.  I will try to nail down the video next time.  Sorry if you feel like I went off topic.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
No sweat snoloco you da man, I got no problem with you. Your passion for our sport is your passport.

Look if woodchuckin is ok so is rollercoasterin.

BTW I just learned that YouTube recently made a small change to their code that requires an update to the forum embed tags which is why so many videos are having issues. Hope to have a resolution soon.

Re the actual content of your posts... I never really went to amusement parks much as a kid. By the time I tried them I was just another adult who couldn't keep his lunch down.

Those videos are kinda cool. Certainly the safest and most enjoyable way for me to "do Dorney."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey44 wrote

Look if woodchuckin is ok so is rollercoasterin.

Please....we've started a petition to have chuckin instituted as an olymic sport