My Whiteface Expansion Idea

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
52 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: My Whiteface Expansion Idea

ScottyJack
not the movie the tv series. Uncle zeb, luke and ricardo from fantasy island as the indian chief
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Damn you stumped me. I never saw the series
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
It was on regular tv in the late 70s early 80s. I loved that show.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4t-a-w8ug

I wish I was a trapper
Id give a thousand pelts
To sleep with  Pocahontas
To find out how she felt
In the morning
On the fields of green
In the homeland
We’ve never seen
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
My biggest frustration with WF (which I love more than any other place on earth) is the obvious missed opportunities to prioritize what makes it unlike any Eastern. Mountain.  Play up the history!  My god only 5 trails in North America have held a men’s Olympic DH yet Cloudspin is rarely ever completely open and the entrance seems to be glading over.  CS is an amazing run , put some snow on it, put some gold signs on it , rename a portion of it after Leonhard.  The real skiers would eat it up if all the competition trails were specially marked and had tributes to the gold medal winners visible on them.  Instead of having to do deep google searches for the courses accentuate them.  Just my 2 cents - I love the place and it’s history.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Nice idea
Cloud is my fav trail and I miss getting to ski it often and very rarely from the top
The mis guided marketing focus on intermediates needs to stop.  They want to make the place something it’s not well suited to be.  Sno and I rode the LWF together today and we had a hard time figuring out how they could put anything remotely close to a blue trail there.
Focus on what you can be great at and that is trying to be the best advanced and expert Mt in the East not the 10th or 15th best intermediate area.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
They need more snowmaking capacity.  Get Cloud and Hoyt's open much more consistently as those trails are not straight down the fall line like Skyward, Wilderness, and Mountain Run and offer some more variety.  Sign all the Olympic runs and market hard that you can ski them.

Another frustrating thing about the misguided intermediate focus is the failure to resurface even a single expert trail before the holiday weekend.  Mountain Run was so icy to the point I thought I was at Mountain Creek and completely unenjoyable after maybe 10.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
Mountain run def. gets rough on weekends, second only to The usual Niagara shitshow.  I so wish lower sky was an option more often than it is to bypass that carnage.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
Mountain run def. gets rough on weekends, second only to The usual Niagara shitshow.  I so wish lower sky was an option more often than it is to bypass that carnage.
I think you meant Victoria not Niagara for the shitshow
I don’t understand why mid Skyward was not blown.  Having lower open with out a way to get to it makes no sense.  It’s a good way to avoid Vic.  I hit rocks in mid Skyward today.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
Z, you’re right, I did mean “Victoria”.  It’s really weird how they’ve left mid Sky. I was blasting down the narrow crossover strip loop which had hockey rink ice on it in spots to get to lower sky which was quite decent earlier in the week.... very strange indeed.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by JohnIrvingwrestles
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
Cloudspin is rarely ever completely open and the entrance seems to be glading over.  CS is an amazing run , put some snow on it, put some gold signs on it , rename a portion of it after Leonhard.  The real skiers would eat it up if all the competition trails were specially marked and had tributes to the gold medal winners visible on them.
snoloco wrote
Sign all the Olympic runs and market hard that you can ski them.
Yes and yes!  The slalom start building needs to look like a source of pride.  Have a start wand and some pictures in the building so that people can go through the same start that Olympians did.  Either that, or get a small stick of dynamite.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
D.B. Cooper wrote
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
Cloudspin is rarely ever completely open and the entrance seems to be glading over.  CS is an amazing run , put some snow on it, put some gold signs on it , rename a portion of it after Leonhard.  The real skiers would eat it up if all the competition trails were specially marked and had tributes to the gold medal winners visible on them.
snoloco wrote
Sign all the Olympic runs and market hard that you can ski them.
Yes and yes!  The slalom start building needs to look like a source of pride.  Have a start wand and some pictures in the building so that people can go through the same start that Olympians did.  Either that, or get a small stick of dynamite.
Agree with all of this!