classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My new office

lolkl
This post was updated on .

This is my new office for the Winter. We welded extensions on my old box plow and made it attach to this CAT 930. When it's done it will be all enclosed and have a rubber cutting edge on top so that I can roll it over for back dragging driveways. It's a bigger loader with a bigger box plow than my old 910. I should be able to make first chairs much more often. With another 30 minutes of welding the machine can be available for debt collection, practical jokes and social unrest.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My new office

campgottagopee
Cool

Totally into tractors and stuff----i should've been a farmer

practical jokes U say---drive that thing to WF and burry SJ's car

how's elk season???? doin any good??
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
campgottagopee wrote
practical jokes U say---drive that thing to WF and burry SJ's car
first off I drive a truck, like a real mountain man!  

Second off you suck at foose!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
This post was updated on .
Elk season has been slow. Warm and dry. We had a few days of snow last week but it's only up at high altitude... young man's country. The elk are way back up there. Too far, these days, to pack out that much meat. It's friggin steep terrain. And, if you don't have horses and mules or if they can't get there, you stand a good chance of the meat spoiling or a Grizzly bear eating it. One of my buddies shot a 6 X 6 beauty way back on opening day. He was where a four wheeler could get to it. So he and a friend packed out the front quarters and backstraps. They went back to get the rest just 4 hours later and a huge griz was sitting on the hind quarters. The head with the tag was next to it. The bear didn't leave for over a week. Just kept eating a little more getting ready for the big nap.

The weather is supposed to change this weekend into Winter conditions. Hopefully that will bring the elk down and out of Yellowstone Park. If it gets cold enough I can hunt on the other side of the river from my house. Ski season starts Thanksgiving day for us here, every year. This year will be a struggle to get one skiable trail open. But you never know. It could happen overnight. Hunting season ends the Sunday after T day. I have a camera in my pack and if I shoot one the whole world is going to see it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I forget what rugged country you hunt in---not like this honey hole here in CNY